DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    This is 10 minutes of looking in DLR THE FLOOD

Harrowed Guards - skills are wrong
    Rail Warriors - no default weapon
    Guardian Angel - no default weapon
    Outlaw - no default weapon (uneditable because it is linked)

These aren't needle in a haystack problems.

With DLR The Flood, I don't know what I am going to get unless I vet every encounter and since some of problems are not evident until you are in the combat tracker, it is really a pain to even vet the problems. I paid the money to save time and to just have things work. I should not need to pre-check every encounter prior to running the evenings session.
    As I requested in post #15 above, please raise any issues like this in their own thread. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    This is 10 minutes of looking in DLR THE FLOOD

Harrowed Guards - skills are wrong
    Rail Warriors - no default weapon
    Guardian Angel - no default weapon
    Outlaw - no default weapon (uneditable because it is linked)

These aren't needle in a haystack problems.

With DLR The Flood, I don't know what I am going to get unless I vet every encounter and since some of problems are not evident until you are in the combat tracker, it is really a pain to even vet the problems. I paid the money to save time and to just have things work. I should not need to pre-check every encounter prior to running the evenings session.
    A good chunk of the DLR products available as DLC have been around a long time and are probably in need of an update. In some cases the original dev may not be around/available. That means somebody else will have to pick it up and do the updates. As Ikael keeps up this pace of introducing improvements to the SW ruleset they will fall even further behind and other DLC will be affected as well.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    To slightly derail, would it be appropriate for each ruleset forum to have a sticky along the lines of [ruleset] DLC FEEDBACK and UPDATES so users can post their concerns (and hopefully good comments too) and we can post updates and patch notes all in one place instead of having umpteen bazillion threads that get lost in the noise?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    A good chunk of the DLR products available as DLC have been around a long time and are probably in need of an update. In some cases the original dev may not be around/available. That means somebody else will have to pick it up and do the updates. As Ikael keeps up this pace of introducing improvements to the SW ruleset they will fall even further behind and other DLC will be affected as well.
    Yeah pretty much all the DLR stuff could use a remaster at this point, just like the C&C stuff.

Talyn, I think Mortar has a better view of it at some level. Basically, there is no point in listing problems when there are an abundance of them.

It still leaves me enormously frustrated because I am committed to running this thing but had not intended to invest this much energy into it.

Blog Entries
    Talyn, I think Mortar has a better view of it at some level. Basically, there is no point in listing problems when there are an abundance of them.
    There is absolutely a point to listing problems. That's how things get fixed. A lot of the older DLC is no longer acceptable from the expectations users have today. So much work is involved for a GM to actually run them, the only real time saver is that the Story text is there. That's why Mortar and I agreed to remaster some of the old C&C DLC. It's why Hellfrost is undergoing a remaster. DLR could be next, who knows.

Definitely, there is a point. I have already added to my to do list to check out the DLR modules you mentioned when I got back from traveling. I hadn't said anything, because I don't have specifics on what it would take to fix or when I would be able to get it fixed.

If the fixes are quick, I might be able to fix them up or get Lokiare to fix them. If they take a little more work, I will push them to DLR developer.

There are no plans to do a re-master, but we can definitely help address pain points (like locked NPCs for adventures).

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    While your at it, the War of the Dead stuff suffers from much the same thing.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I've just updated the Flood adventure, so that all NPCs are editable copies, and the Harrowed Guard skills are fixed.

For any other adventures, we'll have to handle on a case by case basis, since the library is huge and the fixes are manual.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you, Moon Wizard! I grabbed it straight-away then listened to Leonard Cohen sing Hallelujah

Thread Information