STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Licence naming

Licence naming

We've had several discussions in the past about whether renaming the "Ultimate" licence would help to set potential users' expectations better. I'd just like to throw out the idea that something simple like "Super" might work well - it clearly indicates that it's a level above "Standard", but doesn't carry the connotations of "everything" that "Ultimate" does.

Blog Entries
    The name isn't the problem, per se. It's that there's a huge chart for each license and the only difference for Ultimate is being able to host a table full of demo license players. That's extremely easy to miss. Changing to a very simple comparison chart with big green checkmark graphics to highlight which features are available at which tier, like most other companies do, might go a long ways towards solving the whole problem.

That said, to consumers who can't even bother to look at a single, smaller chart and one sentence is TL;DR then yes, "Ultimate" could imply that you get all the DLC with it. Like a Season Pass for videogames does.

Something needs to be done to clarify that the "Ultimate License" is purely a GM function, system agnostic.

Discussed very, very recently from post #9 onwards here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...r-all-the-fish
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I think before we put more effort into this, we should find out if SmiteWorks is interested in us working on this issue.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    People predisposed to complaining will complain regardless of what is done. There will always be something.

There is nothing you can do when someone won't be bothered to spend 5 minutes or so on researching a purchase, or to ask questions on a forum, but will happily burn 45 minutes on a complaint manifesto after the fact.
    Last edited by JohnD; August 16th, 2017 at 17:19.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I think before we put more effort into this, we should find out if SmiteWorks is interested in us working on this issue.
    I sort of got the impression from Moon when he closed down that the thread referenced by Trenloe that, while they appreciate the effort we put in, it's not something of a priority at the moment
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Yeah, summary from that thread:

1) It's really not a priority, neither is it really a significant issue. If we have more than a couple of complaints about this every month I'd be surprised. Compared with the number of licenses sold that's negligible.
    2) The name isn't really the issue - super would have a similar misconception to be perfectly honest. The main issue is people just not reading what they get. "I can play 5e? That means I'll get all the material with it too? If I buy the most expensive license I must get everything with it, right?"

Now, if the name was to change, looking at synonyms of super: I think we should go with a "smashing" or "groovy" license - yeah baby, yeah!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 16th, 2017 at 21:54.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    The Ultimate Insane Discombobulation edition.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Only $69, dude!

Thread Information