DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Hosting, set-up, and conection difficulty

Hello,
    I'm somewhat technologically challenged. After playing FG for a couple of years, I want to give a try at GM. I set up port forwarding 1802. When I start FG and load a campaign, I run the test and it now shows "Success." However, my friend can't connect to my game. Suggestions?

Blog Entries
    First, what is the address they are trying to connect with? Are they in your internal network or going over the internet (i.e. an external network)?

Internal should use your local IP.
    External should use your external IP or your alias.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you,
    It is over the internet.
    I generated an alias and gave those four words to my friend. Do I need to give him the IP address too? I don't remember doing that when signing into a game as a player.
    The internal IP is correct.
    The external IP only gives me the option "click to retrieve." I don't see how I could enter my alias there.
    May your entrails remain on your inside.

No, the alias should be sufficient. Make sure that your player(s) are using the 'Join Game' button and are entering the alias in the correct place (as well as giving themselves a name).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information