Starfinder Playlist

New Mod Using Sorc Points / Ki

I'm building a class mod that requires something along the lines of sorc points / monk ki, but I'm unable to find any reference to the correct XML syntax to make the magic happen. Below is the code contained in an exported character:

Code:

<powers>
    			<id-00003>
    				<actions>
    				</actions>
    				<cast type="number">0</cast>
    				<description type="formattedtext">
    					<p>Starting at 2nd level, your training allows you to harness the mystic energy of ki. Your access to this energy is represented by a number of ki points. Your monk level determines the number of points you have, as shown in the Ki Points column of the Monk table. You can spend these points to fuel various ki features. You start knowing three such features: Flurry of Blows, Patient Defense, and Step of the Wind. You learn more ki features as you gain levels in this class. When you spend a ki point, it is unavailable until you finish a short or long rest, at the end of which you draw all of your expended ki back into yourself. You must spend at least 30 minutes of the rest meditating to regain your ki points.</p>
    					<p>Some of your ki features require your target to make a saving throw to resist the feature's effects. The saving throw DC is calculated as follows:</p>
    					<p><b>Ki save DC </b>= 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier</p>
    					<p><b>Flurry of Blows</b></p>
    					<p>Immediately after you take the Attack action on your turn, you can spend 1 ki point to make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action.</p>
    					<p><b>Patient Defense</b></p>
    					<p>You can spend 1 ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on your turn.</p>
    					<p><b>Step of the Wind</b></p>
    					<p>You can spend 1 ki point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on your turn, and your jump distance is doubled for the turn.</p>
    				</description>
    				<group type="string">Ki Powers</group>
    				<locked type="number">1</locked>
    				<name type="string">Ki</name>
    				<prepared type="number">0</prepared>
    				<source type="string">Monk</source>
    			</id-00003>    
    		</powers>
    However, this code doesn't work with the mod itself. Am I missing something? A different set of commands maybe? Is there a syntax reference somewhere that I've missed? I don't see anything in the dev guides. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome, Bakesauce to FG and to the community.

I'm not sure what it is you are getting at but Sorcery points and Ki points aren't automatically added into the character sheet when you drag/drop a Sorcerer or Monk into the character sheet. You need to manually add these in and control them from within the character sheet. So there is no code which will add these in for you.

If this is not what you want can you expand a little on what your difficulty is?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Assuming this is for 5E, you can see examples of how to setup a sorcerer or monk by searching for the "Complete xxx" threads. They are also linked from the stickies in the 5E forum.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information