Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    I'd recommend not icing out new users with the dark souls 'git gud' paraphrase as you're killing many younger and casual users whom will avoid FG and spread that word to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    I'd recommend not icing out new users with the dark souls 'git gud' paraphrase as you're killing many younger and casual users whom will avoid FG and spread that word to avoid it.
    I think that's a bit of an extreme statement. In the vast majority of cases the community helps users out and is very friendly. We always try to welcome new users and try to help them along. There's no "killing many younger and casual users..." that I'm aware of and I'm concerned where that opinion comes from?

I must admit the last but one post is the first in this thread that has actually got to the point of calling people stupid. Prior to that we're discussing the simple truths of people making purchases on the Internet - and you can't deny that there are people who will not read information properly and make all sorts of assumptions. And in all of the cases that have been raised on these forums the community has addressed the issue in a friendly and informative manner. I don't think things are anywhere near as dark as you think...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    8 month forum member and that was their first post. No prior questions . . . "Hows this work?", "Explain this to me?"
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    8 month forum member and that was their first post. No prior questions . . . "Hows this work?", "Explain this to me?"
    There ain't no cur....forget it

I think everything that needs to be said on this topic has been said. I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

We appreciate both sides of the argument, and we will continue to try to provide the best guidance we can provide to new users.

Cheers,
    JPG

Note to posters - I don't think we should be calling anyone stupid. We can point out areas where they should have researched better, came to the forums to ask questions, etc.. But please don't be calling people stupid. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information