Starfinder Playlist
Page 12 of 17 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Hi corwynn you both have valid views and interpretations of the guidance.
    It could reasonably be argued that by accepting 7 bookings your 7th hasnt just turned up but has been expected. It also suggests that if any of the first 6 didnt want the mission to be too easy they could reject the 7th.
    On the flip side... it is more likely that someone will not show up and you will actually end up running with 5...

The challenge for us is that if we accept players and they turn up and they dont get a game it leads to disappointment etc... It can be hard enough achieving effective communication between 6 or 8 almost strangers and getting them all there at the right time for the right duration etc...

Add a line at the top of your event - "please express your interest in the comments if you would like to be contacted in the event there is a late withdrawal" or similar...

You don't accept the 7th booking, you leave it pending. You inform that individual that they are not confirmed, and that the other players will decide if a 7th is acceptable at start time. They are also in if anyone drops or misses start time. Physical cons do the same thing—that last slot (or two, depending) is an alternate.

What's done for FG-Con XI is done. What happens at FG-Con XII is, as always, up to what feedback results.
    Corwynn Maelstrom (a.k.a. Mathew)
    Ultimate License
    Presently developing an unannounced RPG

Gaming since '80 (starting with Holmes D&D)—hardened veteran...get off my lawn!

For everyone running Starfinder games, I've uploaded all the pregens in L1 and L4 format (the only ones we'll be using since nothing in SFS is level 8 yet), compatible with Starfinder Conversion 3.5.0:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post359230
    Corwynn Maelstrom (a.k.a. Mathew)
    Ultimate License
    Presently developing an unannounced RPG

Gaming since '80 (starting with Holmes D&D)—hardened veteran...get off my lawn!

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    Without sticking perfectly to the rules and more looking on the fun of it: out of an egoistic GM view I think it would be quite useful to have someone ready to go "in the background" or as a spectator ingame without a char or in TS waiting, mic shut down - as we all know that a noshow is kind of a common thing that will happen even if you are informing the group perfectly and ask for hints if life plays tricks on you on the event day. However, for the player although informed about this process this might be difficult. But if there is only this one option left because all other interesting slots are closed, I think this would be a very good approach out of player view. It furthermore prevents games to suddenly run down in player counts because people are not showing up. Only important thing is that doing such must be very clear to all involved from the beginning.

Is it not possible to create special waiting row places for games where you could book into as a seperate booking option after the game is full or is this nonsense?
    Last edited by Waldbaer; October 10th, 2017 at 09:12.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    The One who walks the woods.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

And thank you all for advertising the con so much because since yesterday my game is full which I very much enjoy. I look forward to the gaming.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

One step back - one guy jumped out a second ago; so please book into my game again it is reopened.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

Comments re extra players, extra slots, etc.. I appreciate the feedback and it's something we have discussed before regarding the FG Con booking system. It is not a simple process to do any of this reliably in the software (it is not setup for waitlists at all), nor using the same manual process across many different GMs, etc.. So, please just leave it as it is - set the bookings at the number you want (6 for PFS or SFS please) and handle any waitlist requests via the event comments.

I know it's not ideal - but we have many different people involved here (GMs and Players) and it is very easy for people to get confused as to what is going on with their bookings if they are left pending, or accepted but then find out there are extra players, etc.. Let's keep it at the number of bookings listed are the number of slots in the game, and if you're accepted then you're definitely playing.

We need to keep stressing to players that if they can't turn up they should cancel their booking - which they can do from the "My Bookings" page. I included this in the player communication template I emailed to all GMs yesterday.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you Trenloe. I appreciate the feedback and I was quite sure that this topic was discussed already. OK, I see what happens this time... I just would like to prevent me sitting there and not being able to play. I do a small event with 4 players only - I could go with three...but of course not with two. And thats why such a topic has some priority for me right now

And I do not look forward to tell people that I cannot make the run because two did no show up or to whatever reason cannot play. Wasted time for all of us and the anticipation of having a great time goes into grave mood. I think I am not the only GM who would like to have a solution for that but however, if that is a software issue so be it.

I just cross my fingers

p.s. and it's not just the day - actually I prepare a lot to have around six hours of time filled and make it for everyone a good stay with me.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

Quote Originally Posted by Waldbaer View Post
    And I do not look forward to tell people that I cannot make the run because two did no show up or to whatever reason cannot play. Wasted time for all of us and the anticipation of having a great time goes into grave mood. I think I am not the only GM who would like to have a solution for that but however, if that is a software issue so be it.
    As has been mentioned above - manage waitlist people in the comments section - either bring them in if someone cancels late, or even suggest a wait listed player turns up just in case.

This is what we've been doing for a few convention and while not ideal, it seems to work OK.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK, thanks Trenloe.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

Thread Information