STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 17 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    While running the test for Set Rising tonight two things became clear. It is probably a good idea for players who signed up to get the free pdf's for the pre-gens(all six run through each rank, the final one, demigod, 150 XP are the ones used) and the free pdf of the Set Rising primer.
    https://www.rpgnow.com/product/11436...s=1600_0_0_0_0. https://www.rpgnow.com/product/12407...s=1600_0_0_0_0. Other than that it went well.

Blog Entries
    Also, I'm noticing the "pending" feature isn't working this year? I was trying to book as an alternate on a full event but the script refuses to allow that now.

It would work if the max players were set to higher than the maximum. I had set all of my Starfinder games to 3 to 7 players, but staff moved all of them to 6 max. I assumed FG-Con policy is that we don't run 7 in Society games.
    Corwynn Maelstrom (a.k.a. Mathew)
    Ultimate License
    Presently developing an unannounced RPG

Gaming since '80 (starting with Holmes D&D)—hardened veteran...get off my lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    For those people running 5e games for FG-con, and need pregenerated characters, you can find 16 characters levels 1-10 based on the standard WoTC characters at this link:

https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?...chael%20Potter

Anyone using these for FG-Con, feel free to not feel any guilt about not paying for them. I made them to help cut down the time for DM's.
    I use these all the time! Well worth chipping in some coin for the efforts making these!
    Ultimate license
    Current Timezone : EDT (GMT -4)
    Running: Various Adventurers League modules
    Playing: Curse of Strahd (Friday nights- OTG), Storm Kings Thunder (Thursday Nights- OTG)
    STEAM: (OTG) Teufelhunde87
    AL DCI: 4115443776

I have done some heavy advertising for FG-CON. Hopefully it will help fill my last spot and the games of others who still have a few spots left
    Daedalus

Time Zone: EDT
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License
    My Games are free to play. You only need the Demo to play

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I have done some heavy advertising for FG-CON. Hopefully it will help fill my last spot and the games of others who still have a few spots left
    Thanks very much!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Also, I'm noticing the "pending" feature isn't working this year? I was trying to book as an alternate on a full event but the script refuses to allow that now.
    It never did allow it. You can only ever book the number listed. The system will, however, let people book in pending if there are still spaces available - so if two people submit bookings for the last space in quick succession they will both be shown as pending until the GM accepts one of them to fill the event - then it is not possible for further bookings, but the second unaccepted booking is still there as pending.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by corwynn View Post
    It would work if the max players were set to higher than the maximum. I had set all of my Starfinder games to 3 to 7 players, but staff moved all of them to 6 max. I assumed FG-Con policy is that we don't run 7 in Society games.
    We changed it to 6 as the Society Guide is clear that 7 should only be used in an exception, not the norm.

GM event submissions have now closed - we have 45 events ran by 29 different GMs. Thanks so much everyone!

We still have a few games that need players - so please keep spreading the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    We changed it to 6 as the Society Guide is clear that 7 should only be used in an exception, not the norm.
    It actually makes it clear that you should consider letting them play. The wording isn't "try to get seven" it's "try not to turn people away" ...

Without leaving one person pending you don't have that option. I personally wish that the option had been left open for us to manage our own tables, particularly given my tables are full, but that's just my opinion. As a GM I would have liked the call to have been mine, as the guide says it is.

"LEGAL TABLE SIZE

The minimum table size for a Roleplaying Guild Organized Play session is four players. The recommended maximum is six players. In cases where you simply cannot seat four players, you may run a table of three players, and play an appropriate level pregenerated iconic character in order to meet the minimum table size of four PCs. Pregenerated iconic characters are available for 1st level, 4th level, and 8th level.

If seven players show up to an event, rather than turning someone away, consider adding a seventh person to the table. Check with the players to determine their preferences before running a seven-person table, as seven-person tables often overpower otherwise challenging adventures and limit the amount of time each player gets to shine in the given scenario.

Tables cannot have eight or more players."

Emphasis mine.
    Last edited by corwynn; October 10th, 2017 at 06:14.
    Corwynn Maelstrom (a.k.a. Mathew)
    Ultimate License
    Presently developing an unannounced RPG

Gaming since '80 (starting with Holmes D&D)—hardened veteran...get off my lawn!

Thread Information