DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Map recovery

Map recovery

IS there a way to restore a map that was included with the extensions that you've deleted?

Are you referring to a map that's included in a FG module? If so, you can't actually delete the map as it will remain in the FG module. Go to the Module Activation screen and right-click on the module you deleted the map from and select "Revert Changes". This will put that module back to it's base setup, any changes you made to it within the campaign will be removed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

ah ok that was what i was looking for, thanx!

You can also revert each individual item (story entry, encounter, map, etc), by opening the appropriate table and finding the icon to the right edge of the line. If you've edited it, it will have a quill showing that. Right clicking on the icon will give you an option to revert. Of course this doesn't help your issue of having deleted something to my knowledge.

Trenloe,

Is there a way to recover a deleted item without reverting the whole module? That is important for those of us that customize the modules heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilram the Grey View Post
    Is there a way to recover a deleted item without reverting the whole module? That is important for those of us that customize the modules heavily.
    You would have to export your campaign into a module and then open it and the original module in a new campaign - is the only way I can think of. Primarily don't delete stuff from the original module is the real answer I would suggest.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Nilram the Grey View Post
    My name isn't Trenloe, but I'll answer anyway...

Not through the software. You can go to the campaign's directory, there is a folder named "moduledb" there. Edit the file within that folder that is named with the module's name, you'll find an entry with the item's id and a type of "deleted". Remove that entry, and it will show back up. Only make these edits when FG is not running, however.

Thanks guys. I'm comfortable with that type of editing. Of course I try not to make mistakes, but perfection still eludes me.

Thread Information