DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

FG v3.3 data structures

Is it possible to have examples of the new xml data structures that were introduced for 3.5E/PFRPG in FG v3.3, please?

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, Trenloe. However, I'd found that page when searching around, and it doesn't have what I'm looking for. What I really want is the full XML structure for referenceclassability, and all the others.

I don't know if they're specifically available. I you want to get in-depth details on DB structures, your best bet is to add a few entries for the classes you're interested in to an empty campaign and look at the resulting FG XML in the campaign database, as suggested by swbuza here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post350430

This is the quickest and easiest way to get example data for the classes you're interested in.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    For purely the referenceclassability class, you're looking at:

(I used pfsrd to copy the textual description)

Code:
    	<reference static="true">
    		<class>
    			<barbarian>
    				<text type="formattedtext">
    					<p>Blahblahblah. This text appears on the [Main] tab of the Class window.</p>
    				</text>
    				<classfeatures>
    					<fastmovement>
    						<level type="number">1</level>
    						<name type="string">Fast Movement (Ex)</name>
    						<text type="formattedtext">
    							<p>A barbarian's land speed is faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying the barbarian's speed because of any load carried or armor worn. This bonus stacks with any other bonuses to the barbarian's land speed.</p>
    						</text>
    					</fastmovement>
    				</classfeatures>
    			</barbarian>
    		</class>
    	</reference>
    The <level> line is used for the drag-n-drop so FG knows which level to auto-drop the ability onto the character sheet. That what you were looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I don't know if they're specifically available. I you want to get in-depth details on DB structures, your best bet is to add a few entries for the classes you're interested in to an empty campaign and look at the resulting FG XML in the campaign database, as suggested by swbuza here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post350430

This is the quickest and easiest way to get example data for the classes you're interested in.
    Yes, I saw swbuza's suggestion in that other thread, which he posted after I started this thread. It's a good suggestion, which I will follow, but I still feel that the information should be generally available without having to go through that process.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    That what you were looking for?
    Thanks, Talyn, that's just it! Now I can keep using Nickademus's PFRPG Classes module.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Yes, I saw swbuza's suggestion in that other thread, which he posted after I started this thread. It's a good suggestion, which I will follow, but I still feel that the information should be generally available without having to go through that process.
    We look forward to seeing the documentation that you come up with. You *are* volunteering to do this, right? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    We look forward to seeing the documentation that you come up with. You *are* volunteering to do this, right? :-)
    He's asking for documentation for the ruleset he purchased with FG. Sure he can open up the raw code and poke around but a reference would aid in him modding what he wants to add.

I don't see anything wrong with his request. I myself had to fish around with grep more than I needed to, to find obscure references between lua and XML for the pfrpg, and core ruleset for my extensions.

First, it was a joke, hence the smiley.

Second, SmiteWorks is only 3 people, IIRC, so they don't have time to document all rulesets.

Thread Information