5E Character Create Playlist

Can't get port 1802 to open.

ddd
    Last edited by Phaylontis; August 15th, 2017 at 13:52.

I don't know anything about macs so I don't know what's involved in setting a port on one. If there is such a thing you could do a tracert 8.8.8.8 and post the first few lines of that so that we might have more information to go on. You should check also whether your port can be seen using canyouseeme.org. Make sure FG is running and ready for a player to join when you do so. Also as you say you need to be on an IPv4 network rather than an IPv6 one in order to be able to open ports, but I don't know how you check that on a mac. Also make sure your network is set to private and not public. And finally check that your firewall and antivirus is allowing FG through.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hey Zacchaeus thanks for the response,

here are the first few lines for the traceroute:
    canyouseeme.org can't see me. Timed out connection.

I think the network is set to private, but I can't find this setting on my mac.
    I have my firewall shut off for the tests, so I don't think this is the problem, unless it's the modem firewall. But the modem's firewall configs are mostly set to disabled, however there a lot of settings I haven't touched because I have no idea what they do.

Phaylontis
    Last edited by Phaylontis; August 15th, 2017 at 13:53.

Well from the traceroute it doesn't look like you have a modem and a router so we only need to be concerned about one port. You will need to figure a way to allow FG through the modem's Firewall, though and figure out how to set your network to private - or at least find where you can see what that setting is. Sorry I really don't know anything about macs and my Google searches have not turned up anything which looks useful.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaylontis View Post
    I have been trying to get this port to open for going on 5 hours, and I'm stuck.

I am running a mac OSX Sierra.
    I have turned the internal firewall off so this can't be the problem (I think).
    I'm going through a modem and a router.

Modem is a "CHT GPON Home Gateway(I-040GW)"
    I set the port forwarding like this

Name Protocol Port LAN IP Address Destination Port
    FG TCP 1802 192.168.2.1 1802

The router is an "ASUS RT-N16" Ip address is 192.168.2.1
    I set the port forwarding like this

Service Name Port Range Local IP Local Port Protocol
    FG 1802 192.168.2.90 1802 BOTH (I've had this set as TCP, UDP, Both , and other)

My Computers IP is static 192.168.2.90

I'm not sure what to try next. I'd rather not go through Hamachi because most of my group isn't tech savvy.
    I live in Taiwan and I know some ISP's block ports, which I hope isn't the case here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    There are a couple thoughts on stuff to try...

Guess #1:
    On your modem, can you get a list of connected devices? While you see your router as 192.168.2.1, it is likely that your modem could be on a different subnet. The fact that your router and PC use 192.168.2.x would probably point to your modem referring to itself as 192.168.1.(something - probably 1) and it assigning a different 192.168.1.X # to your router. Look to see if the modem is running a DHCP Server.

You may be able to check from your router under a WAN setting.

Guess #2:
    If they are all on the same subnet (which I doubt), then you wouldn't need to double port forward. Try setting just the port forward for 1802 to 192.168.2.90 on your router and nothing on the modem. If that doesn't work, remove the port forward from your router and move it to your modem. Still point to 192.168.2.90

well after working on this issue for two days I finally found out from the ISP that the modem they provided only allows portforwarding for specific services. They tell me that I will have to buy a new modem if I want to portforward. This sounds a bit strange, but I guess I will give that or hamachi a try. Thanks for the help.

Thread Information