STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: The Run Die

The Run Die

Is there a way to specify the type of die to be used for the run die? I ask because I wish to set it specifically to a d4 because of a custom hindrance.

Also, setting the BASE run to a value other than 6 results in it returning to 6. I am not sure what the point of allowing the field to be adjusted if the adjustments are going to be ignored. (I added a -2 modifier so it is easy enough to get there, but adjustable fields that revert are pointless.)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Is there a way to specify the type of die to be used for the run die?
    The usual FG method of assigning a die - drag/drop the dice onto the little dice icon. Make sure the hand mouse cursor is over the dice icon when you drop.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 11th, 2017 at 16:19.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe -

Thanks! Spot on and easy enough I never would have figured that one out, I don't think

I use a house rule - instead of a run die we just use 1/2 of the Agility die and add that to the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    I use a house rule - instead of a run die we just use 1/2 of the Agility die and add that to the movement.
    If I were to take that route, I would probably use strength instead. Smarts & agility get plenty of loving, but there are too few strength-based perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Also, setting the BASE run to a value other than 6 results in it returning to 6. I am not sure what the point of allowing the field to be adjusted if the adjustments are going to be ignored. (I added a -2 modifier so it is easy enough to get there, but adjustable fields that revert are pointless.)
    The Base value was never meant to be editable, good catch! So I will change the base field to be readonly and if you want to adjust derived stats, use the modifier list
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    The Base value was never meant to be editable, good catch! So I will change the base field to be readonly and if you want to adjust derived stats, use the modifier list
    Good deal! Thanks for all you do, Ikael

Thread Information