DICE PACKS BUNDLE

ETU Melee damage roll not matching

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong but I can't get the die roll for Melee damage to match what it's actually set to.
    Player Str = d4
    Damage set to Str+d6
    Shows 2d4 instead of 1d4 + 1d6

I believe that the SW rules specify that the weapon die is reduced to match Strength, if the weapon die is larger than Strength.

Someone who's a SW expert will probably be along to be more specific, since I'm not an expert.

Cheers,
    JPG

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by corepatt View Post
    Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong but I can't get the die roll for Melee damage to match what it's actually set to.
    Player Str = d4
    Damage set to Str+d6
    Shows 2d4 instead of 1d4 + 1d6
    That is the correct roll for d4 strength:

Minimum Strength: A character whose Strength is lower than the weapon die can use the weapon, but there are penalties. First, the weapon die can’t be higher than his Strength die. So if a scrawny kid (d4 Str) picks up a long sword (d8), he rolls 2d4 damage, not d4+d8. A brawny hero with Str d10 rolls d10+d8 when using the same long sword.

Second, if the Strength die isn’t at least equal to the weapon die, the attacker doesn’t get any of the weapon’s inherent bonuses, such as +1 Parry or Reach. He still retains any penalties, however (like –1 Parry).

If a weapon has a damage listed as Str+d8+2, for instance, then the minimum Strength the wielder must have is a d8.

Some ranged weapons list a minimum Strength to use as well. A character with a lower Strength can use the weapon, but suffers a –1 penalty to his attack roll for every step of difference between his Strength and the minimum Strength required. The penalty is ignored if the weapon can be braced on a bipod or other support.
    Last edited by Doswelk; August 11th, 2017 at 08:06.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Yes! Of course. I had forgotten about that rule. Thank you all.

This was a learning experience for me, thanks guys

Thread Information