FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 17 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Fall is an awfully long time period.
    There will, likely, be a 3rd party Starfinder RD before the official one launches...

This one has a landing page, but isn't operational yet:

https://www.starfindersrd.com/

Is there any plans on a Ruleset for Stafinder in the near future?

I started playing around with one, Going to be fun re-doing the Armor Class system
    Last edited by Samarex; August 23rd, 2017 at 01:50. Reason: Added Attachment

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Is there any plans on a Ruleset for Stafinder in the near future?
    Depends on how you define "near future".

I believe SW has a license to do it, but does not have a developer available to do it.

Total guess on my part, but ~6 months?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Talen ran a successful session of Into the Unknown last night. There were some places which could have been improved on, but all in all, even considering how new all of us were (my first play session, and I've only GMed half of a scenario), we had a good time and it was surprisingly smooth.

(Best part of it? Nobody was arrogantly spouting off rules like the other players were morons...instead we were all working together to look things up as they arose. Ah, if that would only last....LOL.)
    Corwynn Maelstrom (a.k.a. Mathew)
    Ultimate License
    Presently developing an unannounced RPG

Gaming since '80 (starting with Holmes D&D)—hardened veteran...get off my lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by corwynn View Post
    Talen ran a successful session of Into the Unknown last night. There were some places which could have been improved on, but all in all, even considering how new all of us were (my first play session, and I've only GMed half of a scenario), we had a good time and it was surprisingly smooth.
    Glad to hear that!
    Quote Originally Posted by corwynn View Post
    (Best part of it? Nobody was arrogantly spouting off rules like the other players were morons...instead we were all working together to look things up as they arose. Ah, if that would only last....LOL.)
    Yeah that's one of my major problems with Pathfinder and I'm already seeing some of that on Starfinder forums .

I assume nobody missed it, but it was confirmed today that there's active development on SF for FG, so an official Smiteworks version of the ruleset is going to be published. It is, however, not something they're giving an ETA on as of yet. Fortunately, even if it's not THE prettiest, FG is fairly functional using the existing rulesets and the information in this thread.

Anyone interested in dipping into the game there are open slots available next Wednesday.
    Corwynn Maelstrom (a.k.a. Mathew)
    Ultimate License
    Presently developing an unannounced RPG

Gaming since '80 (starting with Holmes D&D)—hardened veteran...get off my lawn!

FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is a thread where people can discuss the possibilities of using the standard PFRPG ruleset to play some Starfinder with Fantasy Grounds.

I received my PDFs yesterday and so I haven't had much time to go through it all - so my knowledge is pretty limited.

The main things with Starfinder when compared to Pathfinder are:
    1. Two types of AC - EAC (Energy Armor Class) and KAC (Kinetic Armor Class). There is no longer a Touch or Flat-Footed AC.
    2. There are now Stamina points and Resolve points. Stamina has a similar mechanic to temp HP - i.e. damage is applied to stamina before HP, but there are some differences. Resolve points are described as "...an intrinsic reservoir of grit and luck..."
    3. Some changes in skills. There are some new ones (computers, for example) and some renamed/combined ones - for example: "Culture" covers three knowledge skills - History, Local and Nobility.
    4. NPCs have been simplified a little - their stats are based off CR and do not share the same creation rules with PCs.

So, how can we play Startfinder in Fantasy Grounds until either an official ruleset comes out (rumours are there will be one) or a few nice community devs come up with some extensions to help out?

Here are a few ideas:
    1. Use the "Touch" mechanic in the ruleset to indicate energy attacks - thus the (N)PC must be setup such that their normal AC is their KAC and their touch AC is their EAC. Attacks that target EAC should be setup to be touch attacks.
    2. Use temp HP for stamina points. If temp HP are actually applied you can apply them on top of stamina - they'll need to be manually tracked to know when temp HP are used up.
    3. Track Resolve Points using the Hero Points extension (thanks for the suggestion Talen).
    4. Critical attacks don't need to confirm. So turn off "Attack: Critical Confirm" in the campaign options.
    5. I'm not familiar with all of the possible crit additional effects (e.g. burn) of some weapons. A DMGO effect can be used for burn.
    6. The shorthand damage (S, B or P) and energy types (A, C, E, F and S) should be converted into their Pathfinder names - slashing, bludgeoning and piercing; acid, cold, electricity, fire and sonic.
    7. Some effects will work fine, but others might not work fully, especially where EAC/KAC and skills are involved - FG might not recognise the skills or map an ability stat change to the right skill.
    8. Starships and space combat will pretty much have to be handled manually - maybe use story entries/notes to track stats of ships. You should be able to use a map with a hex grid to track the starship movement and placement.
    9. Carrying Capacity (page 167)- as 10 "L" (light) items make 1 bulk, I think it's best to track bulk in the character sheet as 1 bulk = 10 pounds. Therefore, an L item has a weight of one, a bulk 1 item has a weight of 10, etc.. Put STR x 5 in the Medium encumbrance field on the inventory tab, and STR x 10 in the Heavy. Medium = Encumbered threshold, Heavy = Overburdened threshold.

I'm sure there are a bunch of other things I'm not aware of that would need conversion or special treatment.

Here's an example of the Space Goblin from the Free RPG day "First Contact" - available for free download here: https://paizo.com/products/btpy9tmr?...-First-Contact

Note the Normal (KAC) and Touch (EAC) AC entries. The energy weapon attack is set as "touch". The damage types have been set to the Pathfinder equivalent wording. There's no HD. The NPC bonuses have been converted into the minimum stat to give that bonus.

All in all, I think that Starfinder is playable with the PFRPG ruleset - with a few manual overrides needed...

Let us know your thoughts and experiences!
    I Started working on this when it came out, but gave up when I got to the AC part. But with your ideas above I continued. Still working on it but here is what I got so far.
    Resolve- Used Hero Point as you stated.
    HP/Stamina/TempHP
    Added Stamina Box.
    edited script to take damage in order TempHP-Stamina-Wounds
    [As seen in the Attachments]

I still have to get Stamina added to the CT and Mini sheet then going to work some on the Main and Combat Tabs to adjust for the Touch Attach for Energy AC. Just mainly Labels and such so its less confusing.

[*]Use the "Touch" mechanic in the ruleset to indicate energy attacks - thus the (N)PC must be setup such that their normal AC is their KAC and their touch AC is their EAC. Attacks that target EAC should be setup to be touch attacks.
    Im going to set it up the other way. I will have to create the Bonus blocks and change how touch AC is calculated. But to me it makes more sense to use Touch as KAC this way when you setting up NPCs you can relate Touch with a weapon that actually has to touch the Target and the regulat AC for EAC ranged attacks.
    Last edited by Samarex; September 13th, 2017 at 05:09.

Got the Combat tab and Character Mini sheets Done

Thread Information