DICE PACKS BUNDLE

3.5E Magic does not bypass DR BUT SHOULD!

Running 3.5E, the rules state that a magical weapon bypasses DR. As you can see from the attached screen shots the Kolyarut has DR 10 and that DR should be defeated by a Chaotic aligned weapon OR any magical weapon by rule. But the DR stands when the creature is hit with a weapon that is listed as magic, piercing damage. Can this be fixed in the next update please?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not sure that's the correct rule.

Damage Reduction in the d20 SRD here: https://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAb...amageReduction

It says "Some monsters are vulnerable to magic weapons. Any weapon with at least a +1 magical enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls overcomes the damage reduction of these monsters." The key here is the "some" monsters... This is just an example of a possible damage reduction situation, it isn't saying that all DR is overcome with magical weapons - in this case, the damage reduction would be something like Damage reduction 10/magic

Most of those entries that start with "some" are examples of different types of damage reduction. For example: "Some monsters are vulnerable to certain materials, such as alchemical silver, adamantine, or cold iron. "
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure you have things formatted correctly. I use 5E so it might be different, make sure you check the wiki article on 3.5 effects to see if these options are supported. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

But, in 5E, the correct weapon damage should be separated by a comma, not the semi-colon you are using. Also the DR effect just says "chaotic" and I think it needs the magic modifier as well.

Again, make sure you have the syntax as an exact match to what's in the wiki and the desired effect is listed as being supported.

Looking at the above Wiki link, the DR effect looks like it should be;
    DR: 10 chaotic and magic

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The DMG says that "other types of DR are overcome by magical weapons..." however when taken in context of the looooong paragraph in which it is written, your interpretation could be correct. I use the actual books and not the d20 source but I must admit that after reading the entire DMG definition it is entirely possible that only DR 10/magic is actually overcome by a magic weapon and that DR 10/-- is not. Objection withdrawn.

Thread Information