Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Help on coding racial skills

I need help to code several racial skills. I'm fine if you can choose from any skill, but the moment the skill list is limited, I run into trouble. This is my image that I took of my current coding. Kenkutraining.JPG. Thank you for any assistance.

The wording should be 'Choose two skills from X, Y and Z'
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I thought as much after reviewing how the classes gain skills. Even tho I have worded it 'Choose two skills from A, B, C, and D.', I still get no access to a skill selection screen.

The FG code has a comment regarding Kenku training from volo's guide. The format it's expecting is:

"proficient in your choice of XX of the following skills" Where XX is one, two, three or four. Also the skills are listed as skill1, skill2, skill3, and skill 4

So, in this case, you'd use:

Code:
    You are proficient in your choice of two of the following skills Acrobatics, Deception, Stealth, and Sleight of Hand.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusCentauri View Post
    I thought as much after reviewing how the classes gain skills. Even tho I have worded it 'Choose two skills from A, B, C, and D.', I still get no access to a skill selection screen.
    Oh, wait. Sorry I didn't notice that you were doing races. Generally races don't have skills only classes and Backgrounds. However I think some code was added to allow for this after Volo. Try this 'You are Proficient in your choice of two of the following X, Y Z"

Ninja'd again. And I thought he was slowing down
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; August 9th, 2017 at 19:23.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm having trouble finishing the Tabaxi. The Tabaxi has the double skill feature called 'Cat's Talent'. With it they gain proficiency with Stealth and Perception. I cannot get it to set the proficiency on the character sheet. CatTalent.JPG

Try 'You have proficiency in the Perception and Stealth skills'

I'm still having trouble with the Tabaxi skill set. I have coded it everyway I have thought possible and it wont accept me learning two set proficiencies. Here's my examples. "You have proficiency with the Perception and Stealth skills', 'You have proficiency with the Perception, and Stealth skills', 'You gain proficiency with the Perception and Stealth skills', 'You are proficient with the Perception and Stealth skills'. However when I remove the Stealth skill from the coding, I can get Perception to be accepted.

It is as post #7 above "You have proficiency in the Perception and Stealth skills"

Blog Entries
    The best way to do these things it to copy an existing class/race/npc and then just change the specific words needed. FG parses exact phrases for these types of things, so even though it seems like you are saying the same thing, the words, spaces, everything has to be exactly the same.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information