FG Spreadshirt Swag

Confused on how to add races

I just bought the $39 version and so I don't have any up to date races for 5e. I tried creating my own, but I could not make a race with a double ability score increase change on the character sheet, unless the race had a subrace feature. I tried watching the video of Creating A Race and I did exactly that and nothing changed yet again.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to FG and to the forums. What do you mean by double ability score increase? A race doesn't need a sub race to work and if it doesn't all ability score increases will therefore be contained in one line such as the ones shown in the video.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    If you can provide some screen shots it will help us figure out exactly what you are doing.

And welcome

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you both for the quick reply. I'm not sure how to take a screenshot. My major problem is that on races that have two ability score increases but no subrace to separate them, ie...the half-orc. I can get the first ability to enter automatically on the character sheet but not the second one. This is how I write it in the box, 'Your Strength increases by 2, your Constitution increases by 2.' With that line only the Strength gets entered onto the character sheet. According to the video I watched, that line should work.

You get the 5E SRD and the D&D 5E Basic rules modules with your standard FG license. Open these modules and have a look at the race details there for examples.

The "DD5E SRD Data" module includes all of the base races, including the Half-Orc.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I understand about 5E SRD and 5E basic rules, but I find some of them to be incomplete and therefore I need to correct them. I was going to use them as a template for creating new races, but I cant due to them being read-only. Also the basic rules don't cover 'Volo's Guide' in terms of races.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusCentauri View Post
    I was going to use them as a template for creating new races, but I cant due to them being read-only.
    Go to the races right hand sidebar and drag/drop a race - it will create a copy that you can edit, and later export to a module.

Some basic info on drag/drop within FG here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Drag_and_Drop
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is how I write it in the box, 'Your Strength increases by 2, your Constitution increases by 2.'
    The line needs to be "Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Constitution score increases by 1". As I noted in the video the phrasing needs to be exact.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Thank you both for the quick reply. I'm not sure how to take a screenshot. ....
    Method 2 from this link is the way I would recommend you take screen shots. https://www.howtogeek.com/226280/how...in-windows-10/

Let us know if you have trouble after using the exact verbiage Mr. Z suggests.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information