DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Savage World Ruleset questions

I am running a Hellfrost game and have run across a couple of issues and was wondering if the problems were on my end or things that may not be working or even implemented within the coding.

Regarding heals. When a player has wounds and the priest uses a heal power within the golden hour. Is there a way for the wound deduction to be automated or do the wounds need to be taken off manually? I am guess this has to be done manually with a healing power? But I wanted to ask just in case I am missing something.

Second. I made all of the powers from the Core Book, Players Guide and Rasillon expansions. When I or my players drag and drop them to the powers tab on the sheet we cannot get damage to be put onto the spell whether by dragging and dropping the dice onto the damage box or by right clicking and trying to manually input the dice. However, if I make a create new spell all together while on the power tab of the character sheet the damage can be adjusted or added. I was wondering if this is the case then what would be the point of pre making all of the powers if those powers will not have the damage.

Last thing I have a question about. The Wild Die. In Hellfrost, the bolt spell can cast up to three bolts at once. The Wild Die will only affect and be added into the first bolt cast. Then the other two bolts will not have the Wild Die added in. When I go into the Arcane skill to try and take the Wild Die out. It will come out but when you roll it is still there. Is that some kind of default? Would there be a way to make a attack with no Wild Die rolls for the second and third bolts?

Thanks in advance folks for any answers. I appreciate it.

David

Hellfrost... an excellent choice.

The heal minuses should be applying automatically on the healing roll. Something is going on here because I do not see this in the game I am running in Hellfrost they auto apply fine.
    You do have the wounds applied correct?

On the powers the easiest way for me to do this is go to the damage box on the spell and middle mouse click it and then type in the damage. 2d6 ect...

On multiple bolts click the bolt spell and hold the mouse button and right click to add extra dice till you have the amount you need and let them roll.

Hope this helps you out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David32780 View Post
    I made all of the powers from the Core Book, Players Guide and Rasillon expansions.
    Can you elaborate? All the powers are already created -- are you saying you remade your own versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Can you elaborate? All the powers are already created -- are you saying you remade your own versions?
    Hey Talyn
    Yes I created them all myself and filled in all of the boxes with the correct data. I created my own Hellfrost players codex that has all of the Players stuff under one roof and organized it the way I wanted it so I didnt have to have a bunch of different sources to rifle through.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendell View Post
    Hellfrost... an excellent choice.

The heal minuses should be applying automatically on the healing roll. Something is going on here because I do not see this in the game I am running in Hellfrost they auto apply fine.
    You do have the wounds applied correct?

On the powers the easiest way for me to do this is go to the damage box on the spell and middle mouse click it and then type in the damage. 2d6 ect...

On multiple bolts click the bolt spell and hold the mouse button and right click to add extra dice till you have the amount you need and let them roll.

Hope this helps you out.
    Yes when a player takes wounds ans does soak rolls before I finalize it works fine. I am talking about a healing spell. Heal cures one wound on a success and 2 on a raise. Is there a way when the cleric in the group rolls the miracles roll for success to have the tracker take that roll she is trying to heal into consideration for the heal?

Ah, My apologies I misunderstood.

I do not believe there is a way to do that yet. And if there is I would be interested in knowing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendell View Post
    Ah, My apologies I misunderstood.

I do not believe there is a way to do that yet. And if there is I would be interested in knowing as well.
    No problem Hendell. I figured it was going to have to be changed manually, which is no problem and a simple click that takes a second. lol

I was just curious if I was missing something in case they were able to do that.

Thank you

I think that the wild die can act as a replacement for whichever of the 3 bolts you want replaced, assuming you want any of them replaced. The wild die is not added - it replaces if used.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    I think that the wild die can act as a replacement for whichever of the 3 bolts you want replaced, assuming you want any of them replaced. The wild die is not added - it replaces if used.

I need to figure out a way to get the Wild Die out of the attack roll all together.

Quote Originally Posted by David32780 View Post
    Last thing I have a question about. The Wild Die. In Hellfrost, the bolt spell can cast up to three bolts at once. The Wild Die will only affect and be added into the first bolt cast. Then the other two bolts will not have the Wild Die added in. When I go into the Arcane skill to try and take the Wild Die out. It will come out but when you roll it is still there. Is that some kind of default? Would there be a way to make a attack with no Wild Die rolls for the second and third bolts?
    When you cast multiple bolts you get one wild die regardless of how many bolts you cast, so casting three bolts, the player clicks and holds on the spellcasting icon to get their spellcasting die + the wild die, then right clicks twice more to get two extra spellcasting dice, then you can release the mouse button (in the chat window) to roll the dice, this way FG will apply to the SW rules correctly.

Incidentally (does not apply as you are playing Hellfrost) but ROF weapons (machine guns etc) should be handled the same way.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information