DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: OSRIC to LotFP

OSRIC to LotFP

Hello all, I'm trying to figure out how to adapt OSRIC to Lamentations ruleset. If someone can give me some insight that would be awesome. I tinkered with the .xml files for the character sheets with no luck; I got a bunch of undefined errors and what not. All I'm aiming to do is change THACO to ascending AC and rename some saves. Again, some insight would be great! Thank you!

I would not use the OSRIC ruleset as the base for a Lamentations ruleset. The OSRIC ruleset was written many years ago and is obsolete i.e. not based on current FG standards and not layered on CoreRPG, and was not very functional to begin with. I would recommend either starting with 3.5 D&D or more likely more close would be C&C or my AD&D ruleset, which is a modification of C&C as the base. Feel free to open up my ruleset and inspect the code for tutorial or modification purposes. As for how to go about it, there is plenty of information available under the developer guides and on the forums already to get you started if you want to learn and experienced people to answer questions for you. Expect that modifying a ruleset might take many months of labor.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

I'm starting to tinker with the AD&D (and possibly C&C) ruleset a bit with the same goal (Thanks, BTW, Vodokar!). I'm a complete noob to FG, but it's enough like modding games (or writing HTML code) that I don't find it off-putting. Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to make much headway until after Halloween (the haunted house demands sacrifice of time).

Thread Information