FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Hi, Trembot_89. I've been testing your extension with this one: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ed-Kombat-(5E)

I really like this the Vitality and Improved Criticals extension and am super interested in using the one at the link. From what I can tell though, there are conflicts with how the one at the link behaves when actors taking advantage of Vitality/Wounds are added to the combat tracker. It also begins recoring damage a little oddly once the damage has overcome the wound totals; the damage auto-representation starts to regress as more damage hits vitality (makes it look on the image like the actor is healing).

Is there any chance that this extension could be made compatible with Ken's at the link? Would that end up being a separate version?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    Hi, Trembot_89. I've been testing your extension with this one: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ed-Kombat-(5E)

I really like this the Vitality and Improved Criticals extension and am super interested in using the one at the link. From what I can tell though, there are conflicts with how the one at the link behaves when actors taking advantage of Vitality/Wounds are added to the combat tracker. It also begins recoring damage a little oddly once the damage has overcome the wound totals; the damage auto-representation starts to regress as more damage hits vitality (makes it look on the image like the actor is healing).

Is there any chance that this extension could be made compatible with Ken's at the link? Would that end up being a separate version?

Thank you!
    Hi, paladiusdarkhelm,

Thanks for the question, I was unaware of Ken L's Advanced Kombat extension and let me say, "Wow!", that thing is awesome! The errors are probably happening because they are both trying to change the same thing (but differently), and fixing that would mean inserting the key points of my extension's code into AK's; theoretically, that would fix the errors. Since vitality damage affects the character's total hit point capacity, those image changes may persist even after the extensions merge successfully, could you give me some specific examples of the damage issues?

Quote Originally Posted by poppy_thompson View Post
    I was starting a new campaign and wanted to use the Vitality rules and a improved critical damage. When I loaded this extension, it disabled the spell slot counter for NPC spellcasters and disabled the Combat Timer extension.
    Hi poppy_thompson,

Sorry I only now saw this. The Combat Timer extension and mine may be incompatible since they both modify the combat tracker. It shouldn't affect NPC's at all, do you still have the issue with spell slots?

Damage appears to show on the token as desiged until the damage exceeds wounds and goes into vitality. At that point, it just starts getting what I'd call 'un-bloody' the more vitality damage it takes. Then after all vitality is also finshed it, it may/may not update to the unconsious status on the token/tracker in the case of a PC or the Skull in the case of an NPC.

Alright, I've figured out what's happening. The wound category isn't immediately updating to the maximum hit point threshold after it gets reduced from vitality damage.

So to keep our numbers nice and round, let's say you have a guy who's level 10 with 90 HP and 10 Vitality (recognized as 90+10=100 total HP), and who has already received 90 wounds to their HP and 0 to Vitality, he is currently critical as they've received 90/100 wounds (crit range >= 75%). But if they take 4 points of vitality damage (which any damage is now going directly to their vitality) their current wounds and max HP threshold drop from 94/100 to 74/80, but the wound categorizer sees it as 74/100 and it won't recognize the new threshold of 80 until damage is taken again (and unless it's only doing 1 damage, chances are the threshold is getting bumped again by the next hit).

Obviously the character is still just as wounded by-the-numbers, the problem is with the displayed category. Fixing that would require reworking the part of the system that reads wound category thresholds by telling it to read the new threshold and communicate the wound category after-the-fact.

Edit: I'm still working on why "dying" won't display as a wound category after both hit points and vitality have received max damage...
    Last edited by trembot_89; June 27th, 2018 at 16:48.

Hi trembot. I'm checking in to see if there was still any interest (other than mine as a user, ha!) to integrating your 5e extension here into Ken's Advanced Kombat. Yours is key to my campaigns, so as much as I want to, I can't also use Advanced Kombat (and sorry, don't mean to come across sounding entitled or selfish). It sounded like maybe you were implying they could coexhist if popping past wounds and only vitality left would count as a state so the images would recognize it as they update?

Thanks for all the work on this extension. I really enjoy the impact it's had on my games. With the latest update it appears this extension breaks the new NPC ID feature.

If you enable the extension and load a session that had creatures with previously hidden names in the combat tracker the true name is displayed. If you add creatures via an encounter or drag and drop with the names set to hidden the NPCs are added, but the true name is displayed. If you open a NPC in the tracker, set them to hidden again and drag back into the tracker you get the following error:

Script Error: [string "tokenscale"]:1: attempt to call field 'onScaleChanged' (a nil value)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (tokenvis) in windowclass (ct_entry)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (tokenvis) in windowclass (ct_entry)

Paladiusdarkhelm, as much as I would like to tell you that I was able to get those two working together, I am still very much an amateur coder and have not been able to integrate them successfully, maybe some day but for now that's not happening. The issue with displaying the wrong wound categories still exists but after spending some time away from it hopefully I can come back with fresh eyes and work that out.

Jojogladco, I updated the ct_host and ct_entry file so that it reflects the latest update which after some testing seems to have fixed your issues. I'm putting up v8 for download now.

Awesome, you're the man!

Aw shucks, I'm just trying to do what I can.

Thread Information