FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Celestian, good job on getting this working. I was wondering if you could include a couple screen shots of the interface windows for these lists?

Quote Originally Posted by shikage View Post
    Celestian, good job on getting this working. I was wondering if you could include a couple screen shots of the interface windows for these lists?
    This what you're wanting?

Spell List is a LIST
    Armor and Divine - Spells are the new group lists.

You'll note in the group lists the shortcuts are missing (bugged it in the thread for 3.3.2) and the alpha sorting is a bit off as well with grouping.

The example XML I posted doesn't include the groups I don't think but the stuff im working on is in github. It's just a ref manual for how to use my ruleset I've just begun as an excuse to play with these things.

https://github.com/CelestianGC/ADNDCoreRef/
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Are you sure that you are running the latest v3.3.2, and that there is not a CoreRPG folder in your rulesets folder?

There is no other documentation currently for those 2 classes, other than what I made in that post. (Or you can review the classes directly in the ruleset to see how they work.) The grouped list class is also the basis for the new Armor and Weapons buttons in the 3.5E and 5E campaign Items list.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thank you Moon.....I have been pulling my last few hairs out trying to figure out why Im not seeing any of these changes.....CoreRpg folder.....haha

Ok Got a question. There is the Spells window that opens when you use the Spells button on the Sidebar. [I cant find this window anywhere in the ruleset for some reason].
    But what I am wondering is the list of spells that populate this window. Whats the data source for it? Working with Cel on this and he has it pulling the list from a module. This works but trying to get this to read the list in the Sidebar Spells Window. Since this window has spells that are in all open modules, not just 1.

Samarex

Blog Entries
    The Spells button is found on the Library window at the top. You can check the button to add/remove any button from your sidebar, or simply click it from that Library window to open it, as in the screenshot below. It's a CoreRPG feature, so as long as you're using a CoreRPG-layered ruleset it's available to you.

The sidebar buttons use a "masterindex" class, which is why they can load every data source from every module.

I haven't played with the new reference_groupedlist class that @Celestian is using yet to answer anything else about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I want to point out that some of the stuff I'm doing in these examples is just proof of concept for me and has no purpose other than that. I am just feeling my way around this because I've not ever worked with the ref manuals.

In case there is some confusion as to why I am doing things like loading a module for a unrelated ref-book.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Sorry to Necro this topic, but this is the best information I've been able to find on how to use the reference_list class.
    I'm trying to replicate how the D&D 5E SRD module presents the equipment lists.
    Namely, The Equipment link from the library opens (what looks like) a reference_list window of links to all the equipment types (e.g. Armor, Weapons, etc) which are again links to equipment tables.

Any assistance, a point in the right direction, a link to examples (I've tried to find some without much luck) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the above info, it is very enlightening. On a side note, is there any documentation for how these classes work, or is it just read the xml and lua?

It’s just read the XML and Lua, and look for examples. I’m adding grouped list views in v3.3.4, which allows rulesets to specify commonly used list views. There will be examples in the 3.5E SRD and PF SRD modules with the update.

I’ll probably be looking to push to beta testing later this week.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information