FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Battlemaps for you...or not... whatever... I'm not your mom.

Hey all,

I made some battlemaps from aerial drone photos.

1 square = 5 ft.

Enjoy.

https://imgur.com/gallery/jrqLa

edit: UPDATE: LINKS ARE DEAD. Redoing maps gridded and ungridded after the excellent points made in the comments below. New post coming.
    Last edited by kreutzkevic; August 5th, 2017 at 18:04.
    - There's no such thing as a humble opinion -

bonus map:

https://imgur.com/gallery/DXf2B

edit: UPDATE: LINKS ARE DEAD. Redoing maps gridded and ungridded after the excellent points made in the comments below. New post coming.
    Last edited by kreutzkevic; August 5th, 2017 at 18:05.

Blog Entries
    Nice. By chance you wouldn't be able to post them without the grid could you? And let us know how many pixels per square/foot so we can get the FG grid right?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

[ignore]
    Last edited by kreutzkevic; August 4th, 2017 at 22:56.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Nice. By chance you wouldn't be able to post them without the grid could you? And let us know how many pixels per square/foot so we can get the FG grid right?
    No. I accidentaly the original GIMP-files

My bad. And I've gotten into the habit of just clicking the map arrows in FG until the grid fits. Bad habit?

I do still have the originals. I could easily redo them if you like. Why's no grid better?

I could measure the grid on these ones.
    Last edited by kreutzkevic; August 4th, 2017 at 22:58.

Blog Entries
    No grid and knowing the scale means that you don't have to worry about alignment. Often looks nicer that way.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

That's kind of why I decided to do a grid: the images aren't square. Furthermore I aligned the grid specific a location on each map (eg.the house, the canyon wall,...) and not with the edge of the map.

The grid on the edges isn't perfect by a long way. I just ignore it, really. Probably won't unmask that far.
    Last edited by kreutzkevic; August 4th, 2017 at 23:31.

Blog Entries
    I prefer no grid because if you resized after you added the grid, the image grid map not be a perfect integer (i.e. exactly 50 pixels per square). and the FG grid will drift in comparison and look bad. It also allows me to resize them if needed and not have to worry about drift.

As for alignment, you can put a sample grid in one of the left corners to align the FG grid to if their is no image grid.And I don't worry about the grid ever lining up with the edges of the image.

But if you don't have them without a grid, that's ok too. They are nice maps.

Did you take the images yourself?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It makes sense when you explain it like that.

I still have the originals. I'll redo them this weekend. I still remember the steps I took, more or less. They might look a bit different, though.

I'll do one square somewhere out of the way and note the px in them. I'll try and make the images square as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Did you take the images yourself?
    I personally, with danger of life and limb, Googled them

I can't fly a drone. Crash, yes. Fly, no.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutzkevic View Post
    I do still have the originals. I could easily redo them if you like. Why's no grid better? ...
    In addition to the points mentioned by others, not all systems use a square grid. Some of them use hex. Your nice maps would be usable to me in my campaign without an existing grid. With the grid already there, I can't use them unfortunately.

Thread Information