DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

MUSE - Map Unit Settings Extension (CoreRPG)

This extension is no longer needed or supported with FGU.

MUSE, Map Unit Settings Extension for CoreRPG.

Last tested with FG 3.3.10. Works with FGU but new functionality has been added to make this redundant in FGU. (You do not need this extension if you use FGU )

Not compatible with the AD&D ruleset as it's built into it already.

This extension should work for CoreRPG rulesets. It will allow you to set the unit size of a grid/hex instead of just the standard 5ft. The default is 5ft. A lot of the older games use 10ft unit size and this will allow those DM/players to properly see distances for those maps.

The current version of the extension is attached to this post.

Here is what it looks like in action in CoreRPG using 5ft unit. Note the two highlighted points. The top bar, you'll need to enable grid tools and then you'll see the unit size box.

Here is an example with 10ft.

If there is a version I am working on it will reside on the GitHUB repo here :GitHUB, MUSE

Changelog
    • 1.2 - fixed bug in "read only" mode when using cone/line/distance hostkeys.
    • 1.3 - fixed bug with AOE templates (Circle/Cone/Square).
    • 1.7 - added support for "metric" (decimal)
    • 1.8 - Updates for 3.3.7 release.
    • 1.9 - Fixed issue that caused unit sizes with decimals to be calculated incorrectly.
    • 1.10 - Updated for Menu system changes in 3.3.10 and FGU

Download here:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by celestian; August 30th, 2023 at 22:31. Reason: update: 1.10 posted
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

This should be really made part the base program, looks really useful for all GM's! Thanks Celestian
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Version update.

Removed the <ruleset> specification, I thought it would allow all rulesets that include CoreRPG to see it but apparently not. I've remove that restriction now but just know this will only work with CoreRPG rulesets (rulesets that include CoreRPG or CoreRPG proper).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    How does it affect token sizing? If automatic token sizing is enabled, will medium size tokens now take up one 10 ft grid or will they take up 1/4 of a 10 ft grid?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    How does it affect token sizing? If automatic token sizing is enabled, will medium size tokens now take up one 10 ft grid or will they take up 1/4 of a 10 ft grid?
    Far as I know the tokensize will be adjusted based on the unit, not the unit size. 1 unit is 1 unit. Whether its considered 10 ft or 5 ft I don't think matters. Mind you if you change the unit size while the tokens are there I'm not sure what will happen. When I placed tokens on it they scaled to the unit (square) as you'd expect.

Here is the same tokens in CoreRPG I used in the 5ft example using 10ft. This answer your question? I use the auto-scale option of "80%".

---

1.2, Bug fixed in read only mode when using distance/cone/etc hostkeys.
    ---

edit: this was fixed in update 1.3

I just found that when using this extension it will make the "pointers" for shapes (cone/square/etc) limited to just some burst templates. I'll look at fixing this when I return from work travel this weekend.
    Last edited by celestian; September 30th, 2017 at 20:25.
    ---

Update: 1.3

Found and fixed the issue with the aoe templating (circle/square/cone). You can now place them on the map not just use the quick draw mode for them.
    ---

Good work

Good work. Very useful.

Thread Information