FG Spreadshirt Swag

Charisma Adjustments not Appearing

I am trying to make some SW characters for my first Deadlands Reloaded campaign. I noticed when I drag Attractive or Charismatic onto the character sheet, the Charisma Stat is not adjusted appropriately. Do I have to modify it by hand or am I just not understanding how this works?

I'm noticing a lot of items aren't linked. Adding the Brawny edge doesn't increase toughness, Charisma is not added to Persuasion checks, etc.

Most rulesets don't have the level of automation that the 5E ruleset has. That said, I'm not familiar with the SW ruleset, but I'm sure someone will be able to answer you shortly.

Thanks for the response Andraax. I'm betting you are correct, but I'd like to get confirmation in case my installation is not working properly. If this indeed the case, has anyone compiled a list of what needs to be implemented manually whenever you start a new character or campaign? I was hoping FG would help me learn the system better. I have only played SW a couple of times a few years ago, and I was the one running it. I'm sure I made lots of mistakes since everyone was new to the rules at the time.

The wiki has some guidance on creating characters but I don't know how up to date it is since I think SW has been updated a bit since I wrote it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The wiki has some guidance on creating characters but I don't know how up to date it is since I think SW has been updated a bit since I wrote it.
    Thanks Zacc! I found that site when I was originally research FG for 5e, but forgot it. I did a quick check and it mentions the following:
    Apart from armor Toughness can include bonuses from a number of different sources.
    Such bonuses are not automatically calculated and the player will need to include the bonus as a modifier to the stat.

It mentioned other derived stats had to be manually adjusted as well. I think that pretty well answers that question.

This should be a big help, I appreciate the link!

Hello
    As far as I know, you have to add the modificator manually by right-clicking on the stat/skill. Edges and hindrances are not automatic.
    Not a big deal cause you only need to do that at the creation and when new edges are bought by advancements.
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by dragonheels View Post
    Hello
    As far as I know, you have to add the modificator manually by right-clicking on the stat/skill. Edges and hindrances are not automatic.
    Not a big deal cause you only need to do that at the creation and when new edges are bought by advancements.
    Not all of the skills work properly either. I found I had to manually add the charisma modifier to the persuasion skill. I'll have to read through the skills to see which have modifiers later, as I don't know that off the top of my head. It's not terrible, but if there is a list of known missing modifiers, it would be nice to work from that list to reduce the research.

Yes, charisma acts as a modifier on persuasion an streetwise. It's not automatic.
    Well, you're right, you have to remember The ruleset is not fully automatice, but I still think it's a wonderfull one compared to all stuff you could find anywhere else
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Indeed SavageWorlds ruleset does not (yet) cover many auto-apply/adjust feature regarding Edges and Hindrances. There are plans to make improvements to this, but at the moment you will have to setup most of the modifiers yourself
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information