DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Top Secret New World Order

I didn't know where to put this. There is a new edition of Top Secret on Kickstarter it will fund in about an hour. They just announced Roll20 support and in the comments the creator posted this.

We love Fantasy Grounds as well. If anyone knows a developer that would be interested in helping us get set up, please ask them to email [email protected]

Just putting it here because I would love FG support. Hope this is allowed.

Um, exactly how top secret is it if they are advertising...
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Um, exactly how top secret is it if they are advertising...
    I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, so in case it is not. The game is called Top Secret, it's a new edition of the classic TSR role playing game from the 80's. It's a spy themes RPG.

Blog Entries
    Here's the Kickstarter page which would have been helpful in that first post.

Blog Entries
    Nick was pulling your leg

Anyway, hopefully the game developers reached out to SW about this. (There is a thread about KS and FG support with instructions/info.)

I suspect it's simply that SW doesn't have any in-house developers available and given the number of requested rulesets and the number of community ruleset developers, there simply isn't the bandwidth. But, maybe I'm wrong, or hopefully someone with the programming skills and time will offer to step up and become a community ruleset developer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I get the feeling they are looking for a community developer, not partnering. I was on the fence about this KS because TS was one of my favorite games in the 80's / 90's but the devs only seemed to respond to question on the KS that were "positive". I pulled the trigger (pun intended) on it anyway. I'd hate to use Roll20 for this but since I play exclusively online may be the only option.

Blog Entries
    SmiteWorks themselves aren't doing any new rulesets this year. There are several good licensed rulesets awaiting community developers to jump in but there just aren't enough of us who are at that level to be doing rulesets. On top of that, which has been mentioned by the more senior members nearly every time this comes up, rulesets take hundreds of hours to produce, then the support afterwards, for nearly zero return on that time investment. Makes it difficult to get anyone to step up.

On the other hand, someone will probably come up with a die roller for MoreCore shortly after release so TS:NWO could be playable that way...

Thread Information