5E Character Create Playlist

Help With New Class Entry (5e D&D)

Hello all,
    I am entering a new class that I made that is like a Psi Warrior. It has Psi points to use with Psi Abilities. I would like to know what the best way to enter these would be. Ideally I would like to have a way to track the number of points they have (like Ki for Monk), and if possible to remove the points for the ability when used (but that may be asking more than is possible).

I looked at how the Fighter - Battle Master, Warlock and Monk were entered to see if they could give me clues on how to best enter the abilities. I can see just putting in a table of them like the Warlock's Invocations and the Battle Master's Maneuvers, but I would really like to have a way to drag and drop an ability into the actions tab. The only problem is that all the ones that are like that in the Warlock or Monk classes are actually duplicating or are spells. The Psi Abilities are not really formatted like spells, they are more like Invocations (some even duplicate spells).

Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be put into the class so it can be dragged and dropped onto a character?

You can enter them as 0 level abilities and add the links to the ability that opens them up for the player. In other words like the fighter getting a choice of 3 things from a table of 8. Instead of a table of 8 you have 8 links. The link can then be dragged into the abilities tab. You should also be able to drag those into the actions tab too. Another way to get them onto the actions tab would be to make them as spells.

As for the number of uses this is controlled via preparation mode (button down the bottom left - click until it says preparation). You can set this to long or short rest or to once only. If set to a rest the slots will come back depending on the type of rest.

Note that other than weapons nothing gets automatically ticked off. So if you need things to be ticked off when used you'll need to create them as weapons.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information