DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Getting Modules to show up in the tabs / "Books" icons?

Been trying to organize and familiarize myself with the fantasy grounds program, and have come to some understanding of how modules work just by reading around. Unfortunately, a lot of modules from the good list that was provided seem to not properly show up in the "NPCs" and "Items" tabs on the right side of the screen. Some do, and others don't, and I'm having trouble figuring out if i can modify them to make it so they do. I would rather not 'have' to go into various tabs under the library rather than just using a search function conveniently placed to the right.

Additionally, for the pathfinder Races and Classes module i found, people said there's not drag and drop functionality-- can i just get this confirmed to still be true?

In order for the modules to appear in the Library or in the campaign lists in the sidebar, they have to be set up that way by the module developer.

The built-in SRD Basic Rules module for Pathfinder has limited support for drag and drop, but doesn't have the class abilities and racial traits set up. The official Pathfinder Core Rules DLC has all the drag and drop support built-in for races and classes.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    As @Moon Wizard said, modules have to be made to work with the sidebar. 99% of the community modules you'll find in the forums here were done years before extra sidebar buttons existed so unless the author comes back -- or another author takes over -- and updates them, you'll just have to put up with what they are.

Same with the drag and drop. That's a very new feature and even the SRD modules don't support that. Hopefully they'll eventually get updated so new users will see how it works, but it's incredibly time-consuming to build things, which is why it hasn't been done yet.

I have been attempting to update the Race and Class module, but with the amount of books that are put out by Paizo, it is next to impossible to keep everything updated in one large module. Drag and drop is no where on my radar as just getting the module updated is a lot of work.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Thanks for all of the helpful replies. It's about as i expected, but it's very nice to have verification and not feel like I'm missing something in my own ignorance or inability to use a web searcher properly.

Thread Information