FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Burning Dead on level 4 have Buring attack - typo and they have an aura of falme, another typo.
    Fixed.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    As a general note, items do not have a description if unidentified and they should.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    As a general note, items do not have a description if unidentified and they should.
    I fully agree with this, however since the author did not provide those descriptions they cannot be included because as the developer and translator for Fantasy Grounds I am not in the purview of creating material only translating it.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Blog Entries
    Rings can be rings and pearls can be pearls. Otherwise it gets hard as the DM to figure out what is not identified in the player list.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Rings can be rings and pearls can be pearls. Otherwise it gets hard as the DM to figure out what is not identified in the player list.
    Again, AGREED. But I was given directive to NOT create.

Misspellings, yes. Straight out errors, those can be fixed. Adding missing material, nope.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

I do this all the time even for WotC modules. Usually somewhere in the description of the magic item there's a line describing what the item looks like and I always include a non id name too.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I fix stuff all the time in practically everything I do, because FG is a whole new medium so of course the paper designers didn't think of including a name for unidentified items, etc. If it's a (recent example) intelligent short sword +1 named "Banefoe" then I just put "short sword" for unidentified that way everyone in FG at least knows what the heck they're holding, and can choose whether to have it identified or not.

Just like at the table, you tell the players "you found a short sword" and they write "short sword" on their character sheet. They don't know anything about it yet.

We can't go creating brand-new stuff, no, but we are translating from one medium to another, and we do have permission to make account for the changes needed for the new medium.

Blog Entries
    I don't really consider adding "gem" or something similar in the unidentified field as creating new content. It is already a gem. That goes as making FG work well with the original content.

I am converting a bunch of material for sale now and they have NPC names and then "commoner" as the NPC type. I will make a copy of the SRD commoner and then rename it so in encounters it is named. For spy and such I edit the NPC traits and actions to take out the generic Spy and replace with the name.

There are times the developer says "fighter 4". That is not a standard NPC but I want the people paying for the module to be able to open and use it so I take guard and "level it up" a few hit dice and maybe one ability score increase.

Little things like that make a better experience for the customer.

Blog Entries
    All items have descriptions added. Resubmitting files to Smiteworks should be updated as soon as James can get to it.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Blog Entries
    Thanks. My group is 4 levels down and digging hard.

Not 100% sure how the turn resistance for the skeletons on that level are supposed to work. I might have given them advantage on attempts to turn as the ability.

Thread Information