DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    3.10 room 5 - site should be spelled sight.

Also, the description says 2 spiked clubs but the standard monster is populated that has two different weapons.
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; July 20th, 2017 at 04:43.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    3.10 room 5 - site should be spelled sight.
    Fixed.

Also, I feel I need to reiterate that as a developer I do NOT editorialize. I make faithful recreations of the author's work. So if there are misspellings, I usually won't catch that unless it's glaring. Even still, it's not the job or the developer to editorialize the author. At least I don't THINK that's the developer's job (of other people's work). It's never come up until now.

This does bring up an interesting question though...

If a WotC module had a misspelling, would Smiteworks correct that in the FG module? I wonder if that violates TOS. I'm just curious since this issue came up. Hmmm...
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    The straight 10's for attributes on the new monsters is annoying, but I agree that you did not make the module, only converted it. Scott needs to change that.
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; July 20th, 2017 at 04:50.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    This does bring up an interesting question though...

If a WotC module had a misspelling, would Smiteworks correct that in the FG module? I wonder if that violates TOS. I'm just curious since this issue came up. Hmmm...
    I so the same as you, on the AAW stuff I've converted I only convert not correct. The few errors I have found I have submitted to the author and got a response in time to include the correction in the FG module.

Trenloe (?) earlier mentioned conversion notes to address such. But I too would like to know what other do and what is expected by the authors/publishers.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I am taking next week off, but will keep reporting things as I find them. My group is almost finished level 3. for,those that do not know the module, it is really 6 main and 6 mini modules originally written for AD&D with a straight over conversion to 5e. Quite large, and my group has been playing for months and not even 1/2 way done.

Yes I do correct misspelled words in WotC products. There's only ever been two that I recall which isn't bad considering the number of words.

For 3pp products I also correct spelling as well as query with the publisher anything which is obviously wrong especially when the product started off in a different ruleset.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Trenloe (?) earlier mentioned conversion notes to address such. But I too would like to know what other do and what is expected by the authors/publishers.
    My base expectation will be that the FG conversion is a faithful representation of the original product, which can operate correctly within Fantasy Grounds.

For the example discussed in this thread (Roslof Keep), the 5E stat conversions are bare bones. For example, on page 100 of the original product: 1 Verme [AC 17(head) 15(body), HD 12d12+24, HP 96, #AT 1, Hit +10 (Bite), Dam Bite 20 (2d10+10)] That's it, the minimum you need to run the creature. Any more data (such as ability scores) is a nice to have, but doesn't stop you running the creature just fine.

Beyond this, these are my thoughts on it all, based off my knowledge of many FG conversions and the RPG industry. For some conversions if there are obvious errors, and the FG converter has access to the product author, then a dialogue with the author can be opened up and glaring/obvious errors attempted to be rectified. Depending how this is approached, and how the author reacts, you might get approved changes/updates or you may not. Don't push it with an author if there is obviously no desire to update their original product, and don't spam them with minor spelling/grammatical errors - I've seen a lot of RPG authors want feedback on game breaking errors, but not spelling/grammatical errors. If you don't get approved updates, but feel that the original needs changing for the FG conversion, then make a note of it in the FG conversion and make changes where there are glaring issues or issues that need to be fixed to be able to run in FG correctly.

If a base product has issues - statblocks, confusing text flow, errors between maps and text/boxed text, etc. then it really shouldn't be up to the FG converter to fix these. But, as mentioned, if there are glaring issues, make a note of them in the FG conversion - usually as a footnote to the page/record where the change is made, and also as an itemised change entry in a "Fantasy Grounds Conversion Notes" story entry - so that all of the changes can be seen in one place.

The above is what I'd expect (IMO) of any FG converter. Some converters go above this, that's entirely up to them and/or part of the original conversion agreement.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I do have one example where I did.more than what I was provided. I made tokens for the new monsters in gauntlets of spiragos that I did the 5e conversion for. Only for the ones that had artwork, but the moduoemdid not originally come with any tokens in PDF form.

Blog Entries
    level 3 room 32, undead ettin

Probably would be more true to the description if you added the zombie template.

Blog Entries
    Burning Dead on level 4 have Buring attack - typo and they have an aura of falme, another typo.

Thread Information