5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Complete Roslof module, Errors

I'm not sure where to post this so will try here. Move to correct place if there is a proper spot for it.

In ROS1 (first adventure) in room #17 there is a item called "Herbalism Kit [acts as a Potion of Healing (2d4+2) with 1d4 uses]" that is missing from the parcel for the room.

Also, I received my copy of the module from his Kickstarter. Would it be possible to attach it to my account here?

Thanks!
    Last edited by celestian; July 20th, 2017 at 06:53.

Blog Entries
    My Wednesday night crew is most of the way through the 3rd level now. Here are a few general notes:

Magic items are directly translated from AD&D. I strongly suggest tuning down the + assigned to plus 1 or you will quickly break the 5e assumptions and throw the encounters out of wack.

The new monsters do not have 5e stat blocks in the original module and attributes are straight 10's in the conversions. I have been slowly changing them to make the monsters better for 5e.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

I don't know this module, nor who authored it. But I'll try to find out so that this can be fixed.

I'm not sure about the module linking either. If it's an FG sanctioned module then it should be already linked to your account.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Rob2e is the developer.

My module is now linked to my account, so may be a matter of matching an email list.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    My Wednesday night crew is most of the way through the 3rd level now. Here are a few general notes:

Magic items are directly translated from AD&D. I strongly suggest tuning down the + assigned to plus 1 or you will quickly break the 5e assumptions and throw the encounters out of wack.

The new monsters do not have 5e stat blocks in the original module and attributes are straight 10's in the conversions. I have been slowly changing them to make the monsters better for 5e.
    Fortunately for me none of what you mentioned will bother me. Hah, mostly because I'm running it AS a AD&D game using my ruleset. I'm just re-doing the parcels/encounters/npcs (really easy honestly) and the rest is already done. That's the only reason I noticed it was missing the healing deally.

Also noticed a few npcs didn't have the right weapons according to room descriptions (I think there are some kobolds that should use javalins but the 5e encounter has them using something else?).

The only thing that really concerns me are things like wights on a level 1-3 dungeon
    Last edited by celestian; July 19th, 2017 at 03:06.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'm not sure where to post this so will try here. Move to correct place if there is a proper spot for it.

In ROS1 (first adventure) in room #17 there is a item called "Herbalism Kit [acts as a Potion of Healing (2d4+2) with 1d4 uses]" that is missing from the parcel for the room.

Also, I received my copy of the module from his Kickstarter. Would it be possible to attach it to my account here?

Thanks!
    Fixed for next update.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post

The module is a straight conversion from the PDF. 1st edition stats were not "editorialized" and stats blocks with 10s as attributes are as a result of the PDF not having such info. The author (Scott Taylor) converted his 1st edition work to 5th edition, but as the Fantasy Grounds developer, it wasn't my place to editorialize, only to make the conversion. In some cases where info was OBVIOUS I made appropriate adjustments, but in the case, for example, of monster stat blocks with no stats, I did not endeavor to guess at that and thereby just left things as standard 10s. It was my only choice in such cases.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Fortunately for me none of what you mentioned will bother me. Hah, mostly because I'm running it AS a AD&D game using my ruleset. I'm just re-doing the parcels/encounters/npcs (really easy honestly) and the rest is already done. That's the only reason I noticed it was missing the healing deally.

Also noticed a few npcs didn't have the right weapons according to room descriptions (I think there are some kobolds that should use javalins but the 5e encounter has them using something else?).

The only thing that really concerns me are things like wights on a level 1-3 dungeon
    If you find errors, please report them specifically so they can be adjusted. As for "wights on a level 1-3 dungeon", that is a story (author) thing, not a development issue.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    "wights on a level 1-3 dungeon"
    Unfortunately, I've seen this in adventures from professional developers as well.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Unfortunately, I've seen this in adventures from professional developers as well.
    Just don't die. Simple. Ha!
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Thread Information