Day(s) of week, frequency, and time:
    Determined by players and DM. Currently 2 or 3 times a week, 7-10pm GMT-5
    Term: Long Term
    Chat: Required, Discord
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: 12 months

Game System Preferred: D&D 5e
    Game System Experience: D&D 5e

Group: THAC0 Tavern
    We are growing a Campaign centered on the town of Manywaters, at the center of a 100 mile radius in the Border Kingdoms.
    Conceived from a 'West Marches' type of gameplay, there are around 150 locations to explore and adventure in.
    The stage is evolving. Adventures conducted during this first year have begun to shape the landscape.

Be a part of an Adventuring Company! Motivated Players bid on Adventures and organize a party in a West Marches Playstyle!

Visit the Group and take a look at the Adventure log recaps submitted by the players as to what they faced and how they fared!.

If you are a Classic AD&D Veteran, you may like this!
    By 'Classic' I mean this is not a 'builders' world. You begin your career as an average Adventurer and evolve from the ground up.

This is a 'Player Participation' Campaign. Players make the choices as to what nights to play and who to game with.
    Parties form with 4-5 characters, though the exact players might be different game session to game session.
    This campaign caters to 'Classic' D&D gameplay from a 5e perspective.

Classes are chosen only from the PHB.
    New players will meet with DM to review character creation requirements.

Our current 10 players are enjoyable to adventure with and a good sense of humor is appreciated.
    If you love to play D&D and play well with others this is the place to go.
    Recruitment ends when 4 new players are accepted.

FORUMS>COMMUNITY>THAC0 Tavern
    Last edited by Intruder; January 17th, 2018 at 12:32.

FG License: All types welcome.
    Timezone: Eastern Standard GMT-5 typically 7-10pm
    Chat: Required, Discord

We are growing a Campaign centered on the town of Manywaters, at the center of a 100 mile radius in the Border Kingdoms.
    Conceived from a 'West Marches' type of gameplay, there are around 150 locations to explore and adventure in.
    The stage is evolving. Adventures conducted during this first year have begun to shape the landscape.

Be a part of an Adventuring Company! Motivated Players bid on Adventures and organize a party in a West Marches Playstyle!

Visit the Group and take a look at the Adventure log recaps submitted by the players as to what they faced and how they fared!.

By 'Classic' I mean this is not a 'builders' world. You begin your career as an average Adventurer and evolve from the ground up.

This is a 'Player Participation' Campaign. Players make the choices as to what nights to play and who to game with.
    Parties form with 4-5 characters, though the exact players might be different game session to game session.

Our current 10 players are enjoyable to adventure with and a good sense of humor is appreciated.

FORUMS>COMMUNITY>THAC0 Tavern

I'm interested, but I am new to Fantasy Grounds. I used to play and DM 30 years ago (1st and 2nd edition). I bought the 5th edition books (paper copy) and I'm getting familiar with 5th edition. I am not available Monday or Wednesday.

Hello @Intruder, I would like to be part of this campaign. How new player friendly is everyone? I used to play and dm AD&D when I was ten and I am just getting back into 5E. I have taken a few FGC classes and I'm reading through the PHB. My schedule is flexible with days and times.

The group contains new ppl to 5e as well as more experienced ones.

Are you still recruiting? Returning back after 20 yr break, was 2nd addition DM.

This sounds great.
    I know you are full now but if a space opens, please consider me.
    Thank you.
    cosmic

Hey Intruder,
    I got your message and I wanted to let you know that I am available tomorrow night.
    I will look for you near 7PM EST.
    Thanks,
    comsic

Word was received from the Ranger that an Orc War Party was spotted in the Forest, South-East of the River Scelptar. This was not a common occurrence and the proximity to Manywaters could not be ignored.

The ‘Company’ selected 5 of their number to meet this danger and turn it back.
    Rather than traveling overland, which would have taken 2 days to arrive at the reported location, the party arranged a River Crossing using the contacts of the Fighter, who worked the docks some years ago.

By sunset that afternoon, the party was observing an ancient looking tower that was recently occupied by the Orc Party. The Orcs numbered what looked like a dozen. Most were inside the round structure.

The Adventurers decided to circle the Tower and see if another entrance could be seen, other than the one on the southern side. The Warlock remained hidden, preparing a ritual to be used in support of any action they would use, while the Fighter maintained eye contact on the Tower entrance.
    The Monk, Rogue and Sorcerer circled the tower at a distance, moving through hedge and bushes, trying to be Stealthy. As they moved, they heard Orc voices inside the Tower, evidently yelling at one another, though the trio could not understand the words.

Suddenly, a loud Orc voice sounded from the small window in the side of the Tower. The Party realized they must have been spotted. Quickly, the team darted for the entrance and the Fighter and Warlock took up a position in the doorway to blockade any emergence the Orcs might attempt.

This tactic had worked well in the past when this same party cleared an underground complex infested with Kobolds some time ago.

As expected, Orcs tried to Melee the blockers at the door and failed, collapsing in their own blood right there. The Fighter/Warlock team efficiently cut down the first 2 creatures.

A larger Orc pushed his way through the battling group and bashed its way right into the blockers, pushing them back and away from the entrance. The remaining Orcs howled in excitement and poured through the now clear entrance.

Now from inside the Tower issued a guttural howl that seemed to shake the very stone walls of the Tower. All the other Orcs howled and raged as they charged out and onto the surprised group of Humans.

In the fray, 3 more Orcs hit the ground. The battle was tense, but seemed as if the Humans were holding their own. Then the Warlock, being attacked by 2 Orcs, was struck hard and went down. The Rogue, who was attempting to position himself out of sight, was body slammed and bludgeoned hard……and didn’t move.

The Sorcerer danced around, dodging blow after blow, loosing firebolts into the faces of any Orc that presented itself until a club contacted his head and put the lights out.

The Fighter lasted the longest, giving as good as he got until the shear number of Orcs overpowered him and he was disarmed and restrained.

The story above was recounted from just one of the HUNDREDS of Adventures available in the Border Kingdoms Campaign currently being conducted!
    Characters are part of a large "Adventuring Company" tasked with defending the Frontier Town of "Manywaters".

This West Marches inspired Campaign matches groups of 4-5 PCs to an almost limitless supply of Adventures of varying sizes and depths.
    Game sessions are available almost nightly in 3-4 hour sessions.

If you enjoy living the adventuring life of your character and remember when Dungeons and Dragons was mysterious and exciting.....join the Company!
    Last edited by Intruder; February 25th, 2018 at 18:47.

FG License: All types welcome.
    Timezone: Eastern Standard GMT-5 typically 7-10pm
    Chat: (Voice)Required, Discord

Thread Information