DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Rulesset Error. changing type?

I've got a problem that I think I have figured out, but I wanted to check with the experts before I went through and changed things and it didn't work.

In the BRP GM module there is a portion that defines creatures, for NPC creation I think, db.xml starting at line 6780 , I wanted to use that for races for the players to reference in character creation.

The third data item in that list is notes, type string. In my code I changed that to type formatted text. Would that prevent it from loading? My first attempt to fix it I change the notes to npc_notes in one entry because of the reference to that in the error, but that didn't fix it.

Here are the errors I'm getting with my code

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (notes) in windowclass (npc_notes)
    Script Error: [string "npc_notes:<unnamed>"]:1: attempt to index field 'notes' (a nil value)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (notes) in windowclass (npc_notes)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (notes) in windowclass (npc_notes)

Yes, that would create all sorts of problems.

You can't change the data type of a field in a module without modifying the ruleset, and dealing with potential migration issues.

If you want to define races as a new record type in BRP, you'll have to create a new window class within the ruleset for races, and make sure that any module data points to the new window class and uses the same data field types.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information