FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin Righ View Post
    As I understand it. If I make a copy of a page from a book to use in my game, that's technically not allowed but un-prosecutable , if I give that page to one of my players, that is also technically not allowed but also not prosecutable. If he scans the page and puts it on his computer, the record makes it prosecutable but so costly as to be not worth it. If he takes the scan and turns it into a webpage and posts it online, he MAY get prosecuted depending on how flagrant he is about it, or may get a copywrite infringement warning. If he takes it down and converts it into a FG Module for use in his game, that is OK, but if he shares that FG Module he could get prosecuted. If he posts THAT online, he will get it removed for blatant copywrite infringement, or if not, he WILL receive a Copywrite notice, and further legal action if he doesn't remove it. If he posts the module for sale, he WILL get sued.

Basically, there is no "legal" way to copy a work, but there are ways that are unprosecutable, ways that are "not illegal", and ways that can get you in serious trouble.
    Perfectly summed up.

Also the reason why I'm not sharing my SR5e modules (items/spells) as Catalyst Labs leaves it closed.

So, it breaks copyright to make it for the forums. But I could figure out how to make it, and use for my own personal game.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    So, it breaks copyright to make it for the forums. But I could figure out how to make it, and use for my own personal game.
    Correct. Personal, private use is OK.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information