STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I hope you find a game and the time to play it. Some of your posts were what convinced me to purchase Fantasy Grounds.
    Wow, who knew that would pay off into having someone do work on the ruleset.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    5 minutes is all you need
    Actually, "All you need is Love!"
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

I had some materials for Rolemaster when they came out in the 80's but never had the chance to actually play or really learn the system. I always loved the idea, but just never had the opportunity to play.

Fastforward to now with a schedule which frequently has no offtime and occasionally has an exceptional amount of freetime, I decided I would use one of my periods of freetime to try and figure out RMC. I bought the system and a few of the supplements through Fantasy Grounds. It took me a little bit, but I was actually able to figure out character creation with the help of published tutorials, and videos. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Then I tried to set up a few test combats and encounters to see how combat worked. It was a blast. I was able to have characters target creatures and play out a combat. I loved it.

I did that without being anywhere close to an expert at FG or anything computer oriented. I'm really greteful that I was able to have my first exploration in RMC, and it was because of the work done here. That's what made it possible giving my schedule and limited technological ability.

I haven't played in an actual campaign yet, but I will say that from my limited experience, the existing products make it easier to play RMC. I am excited by the idea that there will be more features available at some point in the future.

I understand that not every feature in some of the other systems is available in RMC at the moment. But that doesn't in any way take away from how advantageous it is to use what already exists. What does exist is a big help, and makes things easier, in my opinion. Maybe it isn't perfect, but nobody should be turned off from using what exists.

Of course, since I have only done things that I've set up myself and not really played in a group, yet, I'm not 100% positive I've done it exactly correct. But even if I have made mistakes they are much fewer and more minor than they would have been had I only used the physically published materials.

Thread Information