DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Conditional Dice Rolls?

Is there a way to create a conditional dice roll for a table? Or to have a dice roll that builds itself up and responds appropriately?

For example, I have a table with six entries. The first roll happens when the players make a successful search. The roll is 1d4. On each successful search, the die roll increases by 1. So the first roll generates 1 - 4, the second roll generates 2 - 5, the third roll generates 3 - 6, the fourth roll 4 - 7, etc. I want to create a formula in the table which tracks how many times the die has been rolled, and adds 1 to each successive die roll. (Since I'll know when the players successfully search.) Is this possible? I can't seem to find the wiki page that talks about the different formulas you can do with dice.

Thanks!

Net
    Art, Games, Life
    www.artystrique.com (In progress, so be kind, please)
    Discord https://discord.gg/grHbK6ck3Q

The tables will support chained rolls by dropping a table link or including the name of a target table in brackets. However, each table roll is independent.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The tables will support chained rolls by dropping a table link or including the name of a target table in brackets. However, each table roll is independent.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yeah, I knew that already. I just can't figure out if there's any way to use them to make this work. There needs to be a way to track how many times the table has been rolled upon, so that the counter can increment by 1 each time. Is there a dice formula to do that?

Thanks!
    Art, Games, Life

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjera View Post
    Yeah, I knew that already. I just can't figure out if there's any way to use them to make this work. There needs to be a way to track how many times the table has been rolled upon, so that the counter can increment by 1 each time. Is there a dice formula to do that?

Thanks!
    No there is not. You would have to develop your own logic and extension.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Ugh! lol Yeah, I'm not that good with this stuff yet. But thanks.
    Art, Games, Life

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Curious: Are there articles about how to do this type of extension? I saw somewhere that the program uses LUA script? Any way to integrate with C#?

Quote Originally Posted by Marmus View Post
    Curious: Are there articles about how to do this type of extension? I saw somewhere that the program uses LUA script? Any way to integrate with C#?
    Start here for info (and links) to coding in FG: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oreRPG-ruleset

C# cannot be used.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Start here for info (and links) to coding in FG: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oreRPG-ruleset

C# cannot be used.
    Thank You! That is a great link, i had perused the Wiki, but this link has what appears to be more specific info. LUA it is then!

I am new to FG, but love modifying/customizing games. I really appreciate developers who leave open doors for such modifications.

Thread Information