5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Fantasy Grounds crashes

Hi everyone,

I have a player whose program crashes after 3-4 minutes with no errors given. They are able to connect and use all the features: Roll, access character sheet, maps, ect, however their program crashes after the 3-4 minutes. I am using the Savage World ruleset with the following extensions: SW charsheets contact_v1.2, SW enhanced Library_v1.14, SW global effects_v0.1build2., and SW NPC maker_0.12.

I have tried turning off all the extensions, the same program continues. No other player seems to be having this problem either.

Any idea what might be happening?

What operating system is the player using? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

What is the behavior of the crash - exits without warning? Displays errors? Goes "not responding"?

What library modules have you shared with the players?

Next time, ask the player to close all modules they have had open (if they can do this before the crash). Then they should exit and nuke their player cache before rejoining - click the nuke button in the top right corner of the "Join Game" screen. This will clear out any modules that might have been taking up a lot of memory, or just start fresh if there were no modules that were being used.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The player is using Windows 8, 64-bit, professional edition.

Behavior of the crash: Exits without warning

Library Modules: Shared the SW Deluxe GM guide, SW deluxe Player Guide, and the Savage Rifts module I created using the Enhanced library.

Cache: He said he nuked everything and reinstalled the program. He also said that he has 16 gigs of memory as well.

Network: He's connecting through our local network without Hamachi, as his computer is right next to mine. We have Hamachi installed with players connecting through that.

Thanks again for the help
    Last edited by Idar12; June 24th, 2017 at 01:27.

Try what I suggest regarding that player closing all of their library modules and then nuking the cache - so that they start with a very small footprint.

Then, have Windows task manager running and keep an eye on the memory used by FantasyGrounds.exe - if it gets above 3GB then this will be the problem and we'll need to look at why that amount of memory is being used.

Otherwise, if the memory use is below 3GB when FG crashes, then this could be a graphics driver issue. We'd have to do more debugging - first step would be looking in the Windows application event log to see if it records a reason for the crash.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Looks like the player got it resolved, (We hope!)

We had him reinstall it from Steam, that seemed to have fixed it.

Thanks again.

Thread Information