DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    Ah that'd explain the error then. Oh well

And like Voldemort, the fear of saying its name is a fear borne of the unknown.
    It is not fear of the name, it is sheer disgust. It makes me throw up a little into my mouth just TRYING to say it

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    This. FG is also exTREEMLY picky about map dimensions.

FGU will get around the memory/map issues so I hear!
    Yes, it will since it'll be 64 bit. A 32 bit app can't access more than 2GB Ram (unless FG is LARGEADDRESSAWARE... and I don't think it is... it would probably cause more problems than it would solve.)

But I guess my point was that if it was a memory issue due to the 32 bit limitation I would not expect to see it manifest more easily on a 16gig rig than, say, a 4gig rig. And then there is the fact that I don't think I've seen a report of this issue ever happening to the Host (only a client)... and I suspect that the Host is probably more memory intensive... so there may be something else at play.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    Yes, it will since it'll be 64 bit. A 32 bit app can't access more than 2GB Ram (unless FG is LARGEADDRESSAWARE... and I don't think it is... it would probably cause more problems than it would solve.)

But I guess my point was that if it was a memory issue due to the 32 bit limitation I would not expect to see it manifest more easily on a 16gig rig than, say, a 4gig rig. And then there is the fact that I don't think I've seen a report of this issue ever happening to the Host (only a client)... and I suspect that the Host is probably more memory intensive... so there may be something else at play.
    I am not ruling out other areas but the snippet of code I added to apply the image on the token are the functions that are used for the effects/etc icons. There is only one conditional check in the code I added as well. That seems to limit where the problem can be.

Blog Entries
    Yes FG is large memory aware.
    Clients are not as efficient dealing with images as the host is. i.e. I believe the client loads into memory all shared (or once onpened?) images, not just those open at the moment. This means as a GM we will not see problems that the players will see due to process size limits, therefore we have to be careful keep our campaigns "efficient".
    Yes FGU will solve this, it will also wash my car every Thursday evening

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    This means as a GM we will not see problems that the players will see due to process size limits, therefore we have to be careful keep our campaigns "efficient".
    I can't speak for anyone else who has run into the issue, but we were using FG's Curse of Stradh, so I can't put this on the GM's inefficient campaign (and I think the only other extension was a calendar).

Is there a standard method to actually measure "efficiency" while using FG? Like looking at the task bar and checking out process usage?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else who has run into the issue, but we were using FG's Curse of Stradh, so I can't put this on the GM's inefficient campaign (and I think the only other extension was a calendar).

Is there a standard method to actually measure "efficiency" while using FG? Like looking at the task bar and checking out process usage?
    On the player side, it's really about process size. This can easily be viewed. On Windows, just pull up Task Manager (right click on task bar) and go to the process tab. Look for fantasygrounds.exe (sort by process size is easiest). If that exceeds 3gb on a player's computer, then they are getting close (I forget the exact limit).

The other part to remember is about how much data gets shared and the bandwidth needed to share it. That's usually just a performance issue and is totally bandwidth (throughput, latency, contention/quality) dependent.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Going to spring this on my players tomorrow. I'm sure they are going to like it

Will let you know if we encounter any problems.

Used this last night and players loved it. No clipboard errors to begin with but partway through the session some of the players did have script errors which popped up.....
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b
    Roll Player Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y399kffz
    Rangers of Shadow Deep Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/rnyrgwg

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Used this last night and players loved it. No clipboard errors to begin with but partway through the session some of the players did have script errors which popped up.....
    And what did those errors say?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information