DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Total Sandbox RPG

I'm looking to make an RPG ruleset for all the homebrew etc. systems out there.
    (Okay, mostly I'm looking to making a ruleset for UESRPG 3e) This would involve having a near-blank character sheet which would allow players to input their own stat names and values, then have those values draggable as rolls, similar for skills etc.
    The core idea I have here is that it would work similarly to a pnp game with little to no automation while still allowing players to have all the information required as opposed to having them alt-tab to an excel sheet or something.
    Is there a way to do this without a great knowledge on how to code, or am I going to have to use something like Roll20 to facilitate this?
    Where do I start I have no idea what I am doing please help.

This would be an enormous effort involving dynamically producing interface elements. This is just not something easy to do in the current version of FG (and I have heard nothing that leads me to believe this will be easier when Unity arrives). So, you have to know how to code (or learn it like we all did), and even then, it would be a ball buster. (at least I'd hate to tackle it)

I believe CoreRPG already does this at a very primitive level as you add any number of attributes (I did this for my SR5e/Coriolis game). If you're looking for something completely mutable in terms of appearance (WYSIWYG) you're going to have issues. You can however create your own ruleset bare-bones such that you have a custom character sheet to your specification sans the automation (which I currently have for my game).

For abject simplicity, I'd say Roll20 to be honest. If however you want more control of your content and more automation, you can come back to FG when you're ready to make that leap.
    Last edited by Ken L; June 19th, 2017 at 05:50.

Blog Entries
    No coding required. This is already included in FG.

CoreRPG and MORECore both already do this. For examples see;
    CoreRPG - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...aracter-Sheets
    MoreCore - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reCore-Ruleset & https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ore-extensions

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by GraalOtonami View Post
    (Okay, mostly I'm looking to making a ruleset for UESRPG 3e) This would involve having a near-blank character sheet which would allow players to input their own stat names and values, then have those values draggable as rolls, similar for skills etc.
    This is completely the design of the CoreRPG character sheet. CoreRPG is a baseline ruleset that comes with Fantasy Grounds and is what most of the other rulesets are built on top of.

MoreCore (layered on top of CoreRPG) will give you a lot more rolling and character sheet options: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reCore-Ruleset

Check both of them out and see what works for you.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I evidently misunderstood what you are looking for. I thought you were looking for a configurable character sheet (because corerpg does a generic blank well already and I figured you had at least looked at what was already present)

Thread Information