5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Steam purchased licenses not recognized

Hi guys,

I think I need some help over here. I'm installing FG again since I had to change the HD of my computer and I'm having trouble with the purchases I made in Steam (all of them in my case xD).

I installed the program as usual and put both my login for FG as well as the one for Steam. No issues there. Then I proceeded to do the update. I could see it also downloaded the D&D5 PHB Deluxe and the OOTA campaign, both modules purchased via Steam. However, after finishing the update, the program was still in the demo-version and I had no access to the aforementioned modules either. I had purchased the "normal" version and the Ultimate also in Steam and they had worked without problem till the day.

So any ideas that go beyond reinstalling a couple of times and trying again, as I already have done that more times that I'd like to acknowledge xD

By the way, I tried to send you a mail to [email protected], but apparently it was not deliver as it was considered to be spam, so might want to look into that, too

Kind regards,

Einheri

Re-enter your license key on the settings screen - make sure there are no spaces at the beginning or the end. Then run an update. It is the license key that controls the version - standard, ultimate or demo.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Heh? Do I have to put the license key even though I purchased it in Steam? I don't remember having done that before... I don't even remember getting a key. I don't have any email whatsoever that I can find o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Einheri View Post
    Heh? Do I have to put the license key even though I purchased it in Steam?
    Yes.

In your Steam library, right-click on Fantasy Grounds and select "View CD Key". Click on the "Copy Key to Clipboard" button and then enter that key in the FG settings window. Then run an update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks a lot, Trenloe! I don't know how that slipped by...

Hi, I've tried this, but I'm trying to run my game via a linux installation of steam. I do not see any "View CD Key" option - presumably this has something to do with the steam installation recognizing that I'm not running on Windows.

Is there an easier way to get around this, or must I get a windows version of steam running?

In the steam program window it should be on the right side as a link also, about half way down IIRC. Not at home or I'd show an image.

Quote Originally Posted by thestrange View Post
    Hi, I've tried this, but I'm trying to run my game via a linux installation of steam. I do not see any "View CD Key" option - presumably this has something to do with the steam installation recognizing that I'm not running on Windows.

Is there an easier way to get around this, or must I get a windows version of steam running?
    There is an issue with Steam not showing CD keys for software that is not valid for the platform. As Fantasy Grounds is not officially support on Linux, Steam sees Linux as an invalid platform.

When you first purchased Fantasy Grounds on Steam you should have received an email with the license key - in the format AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEEE (i.e. 5 lots of 5 alphanumeric codes). If you don't have access to this email, then you probably will have to do a quick install on a Windows computer just to get your license key.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There is an issue with Steam not showing CD keys for software that is not valid for the platform. As Fantasy Grounds is not officially support on Linux, Steam sees Linux as an invalid platform.

When you first purchased Fantasy Grounds on Steam you should have received an email with the license key - in the format AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEEE (i.e. 5 lots of 5 alphanumeric codes). If you don't have access to this email, then you probably will have to do a quick install on a Windows computer just to get your license key.
    Ah, a minor inconvenience I suppose. Thanks for the swift reply! Holding thumbs for an official Linux release one day

Thread Information