STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    It's up to you but the bugs thread is full of spoilers
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It's up to you but the bugs thread is full of spoilers
    Reported on the 5e bugs thread! Thanks for the correct syntax!

I still need to convert a paladin. Can anyone refer me to a good "reference monster" that I can base a paladin build on?

The only ones that I can think of would be the Priest or Acolyte (at a pinch).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Volo's has a CR 8 Blackguard NPC, which is a paladin.

The only ones that I can think of would be the Priest or Acolyte (at a pinch).
    Thanks. The MM doesn't have much to build a paladin from. The priest build is good for the paladin's spellcasting. But this NPC paladin is 14th level. The priest's default abilities are a little low for him. I'm drawn to the Knight for its ability scores. A lot of the NPCs I've converted are a hodgepodge of characters. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    Volo's has a CR 8 Blackguard NPC, which is a paladin.
    Thanks. That's a useful reference monster. The paladin I'm converting is level 14. I drew his ability scores from the Knight from the MM, modified the scores in view of the adventure modules he's found in, used the paladin's spellcasting levels, and gave him multiattack and turn the unholy (instead of dreadful aspect). He compares well with the blackguard.

As an action, a shield grants an NPC the ability to turn invisible for 2d4 rounds. I've been able to parse the phrase "the target is invisible" so that both the NPC stat card and the combat tracker automate the invisibility effect. Is there a way to phrase the effect to specify a variable duration like 2d4 rounds?

Update: I listed the shield under Actions, then parsed it. Then I moved the NPC to the combat tracker. Then I went under options and entered [EFF: Invisible; (C) (D:2d4 RD)]. The NPC targeted himself, then I applied the effect. It worked. The 2d4 rolled a 7 in the tray. I advanced the duration five rounds, and the rounds counted down. So, I can add the effect in the combat tracker, but is there a way to word this effect so that the combat tracker picks it up without manual entry?
    Last edited by L. R. Ballard; June 14th, 2017 at 06:13. Reason: Added "Update."

I don't think so. FG will pick up on phrases such as 'until the end of its turn', 'for 1 minute' or for 1 hour' but it won't pick up on a dice expression.

I don't think so. FG will pick up on phrases such as 'until the end of its turn', 'for 1 minute' or for 1 hour' but it won't pick up on a dice expression.
    Okay, thanks.

Thread Information