DICE PACKS BUNDLE

GM Hosting Common Data was not received on one machine

My friend and I were hosting a game night, and none of the client machines had a license. They were all working off of the host's license and sending them common data. 4 of the client machines were able to create new characters and play. 1 machine was able to connect and attempted to create a character, but his library would not populate with the shared/activated modules. The other 4 client machines had no problem viewing the modules in the library.

We tried a number of different things including reinstalling. When I put my license on his machine the modules loaded, the library populated, and it worked (although I couldn't log into the hosted game because of the licence conflict, which was expected.) I then deleted my license, reran the update, connect to the hosted game, and the library is blank. That was exptected as well since we removed the license. But, we I don't understand is why didn't see any modules when the host machine activated/shared his modules. The module selection window that you can get to from the Library window was completely blank when he connected to a hoste game.

Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the community

The way modules are downloaded and accessed are different between a host and a player. So doing the license thing won't help.

Have the one player clear their cache. Though that doesn't sound like the problem.

Have you made sure the one player knows how to actually activate the modules? Did you walk them through the steps of Library > Modules > activate? It sounds like that's the most likely "issue". Otherwise it might be their firewall or security software.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi onlinepcgamerz and welcome to FG.

When you connect a large number of players all at once and share a lot of data it can take a lot of time for that data to transfer. This will depend on the hosts upload speed as well as the connection of the recipient. Patience is the key. It is likely that the final connection was still downloading material and so it couldn't be opened correctly. Get your players to connect one at a time and make sure that everything has downloaded before the next one joins.

You should not be sharing your license.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

1) Did the GM have an ultimate license or a full/standard license?
    2) May be worth checking access rights. Details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tc-Fix-options

If the issue continues to occur, check the <FG app data>\cache\<campaign name> directory on the player computer and see if any data has been downloaded. There should be a number of .dat files: "campaign.dat" (the base campaign data shared by the GM) and a number of .dat files with module names, e.g. "DD PHB Deluxe.dat", "DD Elemental Evil Players Companion.dat". Grab a screen shot of this campaign cache directory listing and post it here so we can see if the information looks correct.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

my recommendation is that you UNSHARE everything when you log in, and then let your players in, then share it all. Wednesday night i had a new player join my Savage Worlds game, and he was the only person to have issue with loading up. Everyone else had played so they were already synced-ish to my game, however new guy had to not only dl the setting but also the ruleset. We all backed out of the game and I unshared everything and restarted, once all players were in i shared it all and they only opened what they needed, and it was a heck of a lot quicker for him to load it all
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Welcome to the community

The way modules are downloaded and accessed are different between a host and a player. So doing the license thing won't help.

Have the one player clear their cache. Though that doesn't sound like the problem.

I tried that anyway, just to make sure. And no, it didn't work.

Have you made sure the one player knows how to actually activate the modules? Did you walk them through the steps of Library > Modules > activate? It sounds like that's the most likely "issue". Otherwise it might be their firewall or security software.
    Yes. The other players connected the same way and have access to the activated modules. The one particular machine, which is the one I'm responding back on, still is not downloading the activated modules from the Ultimate Licensed machine that is running the campaign. I'll check into their security, but I'm hesitant to think its that since they are able to connect, play, and use their character in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee420 View Post
    my recommendation is that you UNSHARE everything when you log in, and then let your players in, then share it all. Wednesday night i had a new player join my Savage Worlds game, and he was the only person to have issue with loading up. Everyone else had played so they were already synced-ish to my game, however new guy had to not only dl the setting but also the ruleset. We all backed out of the game and I unshared everything and restarted, once all players were in i shared it all and they only opened what they needed, and it was a heck of a lot quicker for him to load it all
    This is what fixed it. I had to deactivate all the modules and then reactivate everything once all the players were in the campaign. Looks like it needs to happen whenever we have a new player, and we have to go through that process again. Thanks guys!

Blog Entries
    Just have the new player join 30 minutes early the first time.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information