FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Chases - Help

Chases - Help

Hello CoC fans!

I'm trying to wrap my head around the Chase system and its integration in the CoC 7th Edition Ruleset.

I actually graps the basic rules from the book, but I couldn't find any help/tutorial on how to use the tool in FG ruleset (characters position tracker, hazards, how much of this is automated, etc). Can someone help me with this?

Thanks!

Hi RebelYell0,

You can see the chases using the chase sidebar icon and create new ones.
    You can give the chase a name and description, set the number of steps in the chase and add in any number of hazards. You give each a short name that will appear above it's spot in the chase as well as a descriptions, usually the skill needed to overcome the obstacle.
    Once created you drag the chase to the combat tracker which activates the chase icons there.
    By using the button you can add and remove individual characters to or from the chase. The gm can then click on a spot on the chase for each acter involved to mark where they are.
    You can see each character's speed and associated number of actions. By double clicking the speed box, the character rolls a speed check, possibly raising or lowering their speed for the chase.

There were a number of issues with chases in the previous release, if you see any problems, please test the update in the test area. This will go live soon.

Thank you for your kind reply.
    Now it's clear what I can do with this tool, I will start experimenting!

This is simply incredible. I was this close to just skipping the 7E chase rules... what a huge mistake that would've been.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    By using the button you can add and remove individual characters to or from the chase. The gm can then click on a spot on the chase for each acter involved to mark where they are.
    I am not getting this part. I add combatants, I add chase, all looks awesome. All combatants in the tracker see the chase when the "Chase" panel is expanded globally.

1. How I add SOME characters to the chase, while others are not in it? Which button I use?
    2. Does only the Combat part in CT expand automatically when PC/NPC turn comes?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Hi Valyar,

1. The ones that are not in the chase just don’t expand the chase option. Or you could just take the ones that are not in the chase off the combat tracker...
    2. Yes, because we don’t know who is in the chase :-)

I thought that there is some trick to show all participants in a chase on same tracker, simultaneously. So I have to visually compare the progress of each enemy and if they reach the same step as PC - chase/game over.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information