5E Character Create Playlist

View Poll Results: Should we have a Fantasy Grounds study group, Sunday school?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely sign me up!

54 66.67%
  • Maybe, if I have the time and more information.

23 28.40%
  • No, I think it's a waste if time and bandwidth!...

2 2.47%
  • I want to be involved or an instructor...

2 2.47%
Page 8 of 15 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Are these going to be recorded so people who can't make it live can benefit?

Ya know, we just might do that in the future. However, nothing beats hands on. We also help individuals during the week of and on. Do you want some one on one help?

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Ya know, we just might do that in the future. However, nothing beats hands on. We also help individuals during the week of and on. Do you want some one on one help?
    I don't think I need one on one help with anything at this point, thanks. I think I have a pretty firm grasp on most of the things I need with Fantasy Grounds but I'm still interested in finding out what else it does that I'm not aware of and it's hard for me to commit to a schedule. Being able to observe after the fact would be very helpful for me, personally.

Learning from someone first hand is a good idea still, sometimes people develop bad habits like not updating there exp sheets, not filling in there backgrounds (a blank background is harder for a DM to work with) but the over all experience with an experienced dm/teacher is fun as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    I don't think I need one on one help with anything at this point, thanks. I think I have a pretty firm grasp on most of the things I need with Fantasy Grounds but I'm still interested in finding out what else it does that I'm not aware of and it's hard for me to commit to a schedule. Being able to observe after the fact would be very helpful for me, personally.
    Are you mainly a player or a DM? Have you mastered the effects coding already? Do you plan to make your own modules if you haven't already...? I watch the Digital DMs how to tutorials for YouTube video help, have you seen his work yet?
    Last edited by Laerun; August 10th, 2017 at 17:42. Reason: New info

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Are you mainly a player or a DM? Have you mastered the effects coding already? Do you plan to make your own modules if you haven't already...? I watch the Digital DMs how to tutorials for YouTube video help, have you seen his work yet?
    I'm the DM. I have not mastered the effects coding - that's something I need to work on but have't spent the time on it yet because I'm using Rob Twohy's Spell and effects coding. I do plan to make my own modules but haven't even begun that journey in FG yet. I've watched some of Digital DM tutorials but not many.

These are all things that I would like to learn more about.

I am running the DM class, the other class ran by Paddy juice is the beginner class.

It's more effective to teach people when we have time, there is already guides out there but having someone teach you live can be more effective and teaching the basics to new players means we get more people interested in FG, that leads to more people supporting FG, more DM's etc etc

More Support FG gets more they can work on FG, that's why I teach in person.

Blog Entries
    Just my 2 pfennig but I think training sessions like these, for anyone, can really help keep both current and potential players engaged. I've seen a lot of 'new blood' lately on the forums and it seems, from what I am seeing by following up on their forum profile a few days or week later is they come back for a day or 2 and then that is their last activity. This probably means they are not finding games and so are moving on. We need to look for ways to keep that retention up. I know Real Life stuff comes up but still, anything that helps with that can only be a good thing. Might be time for running another cycle of FGDaze, or 2.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; August 11th, 2017 at 00:57. Reason: spelling errors
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

I am running a Saturday game every other week. I have my job and family, but chose to help others learn Fantasy Grounds because I recall a short few months ago, I was discouraged and confused. I purchased FG in 2011 and started playing in February of this year...

Thread Information