DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 20 First ... 4567816 ... Last

Thread: TORG - Eternity

Quote Originally Posted by princeearwig View Post
    Well, I have managed to at least get my visuals sorted into a theme now
    Currently trying to work out the panel details that Damned spoke about. Really want to get those extra panels on the character sheet able to store image details for the cards.

Scripts would be a nice addition.
    I took at look at that this morning and made a few tweaks to the MoreCore character sheet. I changed a few labels and the type of one of the frames to make it more Torg-friendly. 'Focuses' is now 'Combat' so that combat/interaction skills have their own space, 'Moves' is now 'Unskilled' as I've found that having a '/torgu' roll for each attribute is all that you need to handle unskilled tests, 'Feats' is now 'Perks', and 'Images' is now 'Card Hand'. I changed the label for 'Abilities' to 'Card Pool' and made it an image list as well. That should work as a basic Torg Eternity reference.

The way I set up the character sheet during my testing was to list Strength, Dexterity, etc. in both the 'Attributes' and 'Unskilled' frames, and to use the dice string '/torg #' (where # is the value of the specific attribute) for the Attribute frame, and '/torgu #' for the Unskilled frame. For Skills, I included the skill value in the label (for example 'Melee Weapons (2)') and used /mod for the dice string (for this example '/mod 2'). That allows me to click the skill to add the skill to the modifer box, then click the die roll on the attribute list to make my test.

This version includes the torg dice commands in the extension itself, but they can be disabled if you are using a version of MoreCore that already has them. Just remove or comment out the appropriate lines in extension.xml and /graphics/graphics_icons.xml. You'll also notice that the only 3D dice on the table are the d20 and d6. You can still get results for other dice using the /dice command in the chat window. This returns the appropriate random number, without the graphic dice.

The attached file has the scripts I mentioned, my sketchy Torg:E theme, and the changes to the character sheet. This is my first try at an extension, so you may find some issues.

UPDATED: 4/27/2018 19:16 EST (updated the extension to add Torg Eternity logos to charsheet and options menu, updated some sidebar buttons, added screenshot)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rstrahan; April 28th, 2018 at 00:27.

Blog Entries
    rstrahan do an export of charsheet with the rolls setup so people can see it as an example.
    princeearwig post what ou have and what you are trying to achieve and Ill give you a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    rstrahan do an export of charsheet with the rolls setup so people can see it as an example.
    princeearwig post what ou have and what you are trying to achieve and Ill give you a hand.
    Good idea. The character sheet I've been using for testing and experimenting is attached.

Is there a way to move the modifiers from a campaign into an extension? I've entered all the standard ones for Torg and would like to add it into the extension I'm working on.

@Damned, you are too kind sir!

So far I have only really been able to get my theme successfully separated out as its own file. The appearance is in the below desktop image
    I'll take a look at @rstrahan 's files for the simple stuff, like renaming the components on my character sheet the way I want them.
    What I could really use help on is the switching the type of lists on the bottom three panels of the character sheet. We're using the card table extension for the Torg destiny deck cards and while we can use those panels currently to record the cards each player has, we can't click them to show the image.
    So, ideally, I'd like to have each of those bottom three panels as piclist's.
    Desktop.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by princeearwig View Post
    @Damned, you are too kind sir!

So far I have only really been able to get my theme successfully separated out as its own file. The appearance is in the below desktop image
    I'll take a look at @rstrahan 's files for the simple stuff, like renaming the components on my character sheet the way I want them.
    What I could really use help on is the switching the type of lists on the bottom three panels of the character sheet. We're using the card table extension for the Torg destiny deck cards and while we can use those panels currently to record the cards each player has, we can't click them to show the image.
    So, ideally, I'd like to have each of those bottom three panels as piclist's.
    Desktop.png
    Do you really need 3 panels for images?
    You wouldnt find linking of Story and Notes useful?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Do you really need 3 panels for images?
    You wouldn't find linking of Story and Notes useful?
    That would be useful. However useful is trumped by required for game play
    I suppose it could be reduced down to two panels for this purpose.
    TORG has a card play mechanic pretty much embedded within its core.
    Each player has a hand of cards that they can play to impact their actions/rolls/story etc. Outside of combat these cards are played as and when the player wants.
    This is called the players "hand"
    When combat starts the player needs to start building a pool from these cards. They cannot use a card in combat if it isn't already in their pool. They get to add cards once at the end of their turn.
    This is called the players "pool"

Hence the need for at least two distinct picture list panels.

The third would be for something called a Cosm card. These let the player directly affect the storyline, but as there are never too many of them I suppose that keeping them in the Hand would be acceptable.
    Last edited by princeearwig; April 28th, 2018 at 08:15.

Well, I got a bit caught up in the code last night and made some changes to the Torg Extension I've been working on.

This version has updated icons that look MUCH better, as well as the character sheet frame changes (altered labels and adding a second image frame as the 'flip' of 'skills').

My next blitz at it will likely be dealing with card play. I'm thinking of just using the image frame on the character sheet for the hand (destiny and cosm cards), and having an area of the table for each players pool. I'm going to play around with it and try some ideas I've seen on the forums to figure out what works best for our group.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Try this... just a few small tweaks.
    Princeearwig I think you are probably better at working from rstrahans extension as its further along.

Thread Information