STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 20 First ... 3456715 ... Last

Thread: TORG - Eternity

I've got all the dice roll scripted already, and they're going to be added to the next version of the MoreCore ruleset (thank you Damned!). There are three slash commands:

/torg: roll a d20, exploding on 10s and 20s. Look up the die total on the bonus chart and return the result. The command can be given an optional trait value ('/torg 10'), which is added to the bonus number to get an action total. By adding an optional 'reroll string' to the trait value, the roll becomes the bonus roll for and 'Up' or Possibility reroll. For example, '/torg 10u5' tells the system to roll a Torg die and add the result to 5 (the original die total) before looking it up on the chart. The resulting bonus is then added to 10. If the 'u' is replaced with 'p', then any die roll of less than 10 adds 10 to the die total (but doesn't explode). The chat message reports a Glory result if the die total is 60+, 'critical failure' on a '1', and 'possible mishap' if the initial die roll is 4 or less. Mishaps and critical failures can't occur on an Up or Possibility reroll.

/torgu: works the same as /torg, but rolls only explode on 10s.

/torgBD: Rolls a d6, adding 5 to the total and exploding when a 6 is rolled. The number of dice to be rolled is optional, defaulting to 1.

I want to put together a nice character sheet to make life easier for my players, and I have some ideas for card play. Those are more work-arounds than a real solution, though.

I suspect that the Drama Deck could be based on the code for initiative cards in the Savage Worlds ruleset, and the Destiny and Cosm decks based on the Adventure Cards extension. I'm not sure how licensing and permissions would work to make something for personal use vs. something for sharing with the community vs. something for sale. I imagine it's all more than a little complicated...even if most of base code for those elements could be used as-is or with little tweaking.

Great news on the dice scripting. I look forward to trialling that when our campaign resumes.

I already have a deck set up using the morecore card table extension.
    I looked at the savage worlds stuff but hacking it was WAY above my coding pay grade!!!
    Through play in this environment I can say that the main issues that remain on "that" front are on the deck shuffling aspect.
    It's tough to easily keep track of what cards are still in play when it comes time to shuffle the deck.
    Also the MoreCore character sheet has no facility to record the cards in such a way that the link on the character sheet shows the image of the card.
    We use one of the front page elements of the morecore sheet to be the hand and another to be the pool and a third to hold the cosm card.
    Players simply move the items between these areas to represent the cards current location.
    My players have gotten used to it and also refer to the image in the images folder for reference, but that is going to be an issue for new players.

As far as licensing is concerned, you'd need to get in touch with Deanna at USNA. Her tag on the Torg Eternity forums is TorgHacker

I would love to get my stuff coded as a theme.. it'd make it a lot easier to use My current implementation is a custom hack of the image files directly within the MoreCore.pak file.
    I might take a stab at reading the guides again and seeing if I can get it done.
    Last edited by princeearwig; April 22nd, 2018 at 09:35.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by princeearwig View Post
    Great news on the dice scripting. I look forward to trialling that when our campaign resumes.

I looked at the savage worlds stuff but hacking it was WAY above my coding pay grade!!!
    Through play in this environment I can say that the main issues that remain on "that" front are on the deck shuffling aspect.
    It's tough to easily keep track of what cards are still in play when it comes time to shuffle the deck.
    Also the MoreCore character sheet has no facility to record the cards in such a way that the link on the character sheet shows the image of the card.
    We use one of the front page elements of the morecore sheet to be the hand and another to be the pool and a third to hold the cosm card.
    Players simply move the items between these areas to represent the cards current location.
    My players have gotten used to it and also refer to the image in the images folder for reference, but that is going to be an issue for new players.

As far as licensing is concerned, you'd need to get in touch with Deanna at USNA. Her tag on the Torg Eternity forums is TorgHacker
    Im not really sure what this means - can you elaborate - even mock up a screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Im not really sure what this means - can you elaborate - even mock up a screenshot?
    I did this on the MoreCore thread, and thanks for your immediate attention to it over there

Quote Originally Posted by princeearwig View Post

I've been busy with real life lately, but I did get started on a Torg Eternity extension to use with MoreCore, but it's really bare bones and just enough for me to experiment with currently.

It has a very quick and dirty theme from the Infiniverse resources that I'm not really happy with. I've got the references and images files done, but the background image is pretty bad, and while I like the look of the sidebar buttons, the text labels need to be reworked. I haven't done anything with any of the rest of the theme, and I need to get the Torg Eternity logo set up to work properly.

I have the three Torg dice commands in the script folder, but since they are now part of Morecore the references are commented out (but they are there if you want to create a custom version). The only really finished bits are the two slash commands I added: '/torgbonus' checks a number against the bonus chart (useful for those that want to manually roll dice instead of using the /torg rolls) and '/torgdmg' takes a damage total and toughness and returns the amount of wounds and shock the target would receive.

If you want a copy of my 'in work' version, I'd be happy to share it. At the very least it'd give you those scripts and the skeleton for the theme. You'd just have to plug in your graphics to the appropriate folder and off you go.

Well, I have managed to at least get my visuals sorted into a theme now
    Currently trying to work out the panel details that Damned spoke about. Really want to get those extra panels on the character sheet able to store image details for the cards.

Scripts would be a nice addition.

Great news! Can't wait to see it....will u still be streaming?

Almost definitely
    The Thursday Night Gaming group is playing D&D at the minute but I am working on the TORG campaign.

Thread Information