DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 20 First ... 910111213 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Is it possible to copy a statblock from a PDF and have the program parse out the creature? Tried it with some gnolls found in the Bard's Gate 5E setting by Frog God Games and get "No Usable Statblock Found".
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

Game in Progress: AD&D 2e - Against the Zhentarim

Hey GunBunny

The answer is both 'yes' and 'no'. Bear with me.

'Yes' - If the statblock is in a standard 5E format, NPC Engineer will have a good stab at interpreting it. It can deal with (for example) pdf versions of official materials, from Tome of Beasts, output from D&D Monster Maker and a couple of other sources - pdfs and from web pages. The important phrase is 'standard statblock'.

'no' - If the Bard's Gate material uses the same format as Fifth Edition Foes from the same publisher, the answer is no. They don't use a standard statblock. I'll add this format to my list of 'to do' items, along with D&D Beyond.
    It would be helpful if you could send me a plain text copy of an NPC or two from the book, and I can use this to figure out a translation. ([email protected])

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

I think I have the guts of NPC Engineer rebuilt now; I want to do more work on it tomorrow to be sure before I post it again.

New NPC definitely clears all the fields now, and I caught a couple of wee anomalies too. I implemented the 'blind beyond' checkboxes too, and I'm working on the descriptions tab. I don't like it as it is, and I think I am going to have to add another window to do it properly. I managed to screw up an NPC with the way it is set up just now, so it can't be left as-is.

Hopefully an update tomorrow then!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Fixed!

(I hope.....)

• The underlying structure has been rebuilt. This is not something I enjoyed
    • 'New NPC' should reset all variables.
    • The 'hover' and 'blind beyond' toggles are coded.
    • Changed the 'Description' tab to have a button for text entry; this might be an extra click but it is worth it in terms of stability.
    • Added the ability to put a formatted spell list in the 'other' tab.
    • Added a button on the 'Import' window to go directly to the 'description' window.
    • Added a dropdown list to the 'import' window in preparation for adding support for D&D Beyond and Frog God Games.

Whew!

Please test carefully and let me know of anything weird. My eyes were bleeding by the time I finished and it's possible I missed something.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Where do I download the latest version?

I have version 0.6.0 I am digging the ease of use, has the actions area been implemented yet? Having some issues with parsing the following text. Keep getting an error upon import...'no usable stat block found' What format will it take to get this right? Also, it put the speed into the HP field... Do you think there might some extra document formattingText Import.jpg data throwing it off?

DM Laerun
    Last edited by Laerun; August 11th, 2017 at 03:02. Reason: Updated

Hey Laerun

Could you send me a copy of the text you are importing? I agree there must be some formatting issue causing it. ([email protected])

What source are you copying from?

The 'actions' tab isn't done yet. I still can't figure out how best to do it. I put it off until everything else was done so that I could focus and get it right.

I have 2 sources to implement - D&D Beyond and Frog God Games - then it is on to Actions. Actually 3 sources.... the only you are posting me too!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Hey Laerun

Could you send me a copy of the text you are importing? I agree there must be some formatting issue causing it. ([email protected])

What source are you copying from?

The 'actions' tab isn't done yet. I still can't figure out how best to do it. I put it off until everything else was done so that I could focus and get it right.

I have 2 sources to implement - D&D Beyond and Frog God Games - then it is on to Actions. Actually 3 sources.... the only you are posting me too!

Maasq
    On it's way, TY.

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    The 'actions' tab isn't done yet. I still can't figure out how best to do it.
    Word of advice here, its easy if each action is one line, since you can do example
    String.Split('.')[0]; --> The action name
    String.Split('.')[1]; --> The action description

That would be C# ofc. It becomes complicated when the input is more than one line, because sometimes action descriptions can be huge (looking at you beholder). In this case either you need to manage to differentiate each action in some logical way or you would need to format the text so that it has line breaks \r for example.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

Quote Originally Posted by kp9911 View Post
    Word of advice here, its easy if each action is one line, since you can do example
    String.Split('.')[0]; --> The action name
    String.Split('.')[1]; --> The action description
    Yeah, the command is similar in what I am using. I use it quite a lot
    It's not so much processing actions from a scan - I have that all set up and working. It is setting up an interface to build actions so they output correctly. I'll get onto it next week.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

New version released. This adds the first of (hopefully) many plug-ins to aid importing. This one deals with NPCs in MS Word tables, and deals with Laerun's import woes above.
    All files on the first post, and also attached below.

Latest version: 0.6.1
    Release date: 11 August 2017

All tooltips are now complete - please flag up if you see a control missing a tooltip. It is worth noting that for controls with an 'UpDown' spinner, the tooltip only shows when you hover over the spinner, not the text box.

In addition, I now have a rudimentary system for plug-ins. It should make developing new import filters easier.

Thanks all!

Maasq
    Last edited by Maasq; October 23rd, 2017 at 21:50. Reason: Old file download removed!
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information