5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    I wrote up some quick... probably error ridden concepts... several, just in case we need different concepts for party composition... If I don't make it in feel free to steal my concepts if you like them:

Dwarven Druid(Cave Archetype/ Caves Earth Subdomain)-
    dishonored family clan exiled from Janderholf; grew up in Windsong Abbey and took to a very monastic lifestyle following Irori; takes to long meditations in caves, and is where he found his druidic connection to the earth; After... an "incident" with the local monks... he was forced to leave... and came upon Sandpoint; He has taken to use his mastery of stone work helping the build the current cathedral, during his travels he can feel when the wrongness in the natural order of things (particularly in ruins/caves/underground), and attempts to seek out solutions and bring the natural order back; has the dwarven and irori passion of seeking out lore and history wherever he can find it, and finds the Old Light very curious.

Shundar-Quah Shoanti Skald-
    Shundar-Quah, but spent most of his adult life so far as an emissary to the Shadde-Quah protecting visitors from seaward invaders from the west, He has taken plenty of trips to Sandpoint for supplies, rest, and such; and being a diplomat between the Shadde-Quah and Sandpoint has given him plenty of rare opportunities to help and interact with the people of Sandpoint, even helping to track down a killer known as the Chopper some 5 years ago. Loves telling the tales of his people, and has an interested in learning more of their past.

Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer-
    Washing up on the shores of Sandpoint a year ago, self proclaimed adventurer and pirate extraordinaire... tells conflicting stories about his current predicament either being caused by a fight with old murdermaw, or from being mutinied(again)... always has a grand story to tell, maybe even true, maybe not... is always on the lookout for the next big score or adventure... over eager to help out and take credit... he might have even been a little too eager to help out titus scarnetti with something a little less than noble...

Thoughts?

Zren Silverthorn
    Fighter
    Horse Riding Weaponmaster

Wields a Ranseur, a Scimitar and a Shortbow
    With a Chainshirt outfitted with the fur of the bear of Wartle.
    Earned a small reputation in Wartle when he defended the town's children from a huge man-eating bear

Personality:
    Zren has never been the loud type. Humble in his mannerism but says what he thinks and means what he says. A Stern, introvert type composure sometimes mistakened with aggression, Adding to his sometimes aloof nature when it comes to social occasions. Raised in the Storval Plateau, fighting giants like his love for horses is one of the many core aspects of his being. Trustworthy as can be but quick to doubt if he feels his companions are not keeping his best interest and the teams best interest in mind.
    The Code of Honor passed down to him by his father is his life's blood
    Do not harm children
    Give Respect due to your Elders
    All a Man has is his word
    Cherish your companions be it a beast or person

Why do you fight:
    While his father was on his deathbed, he learned of his life as a monster hunter, a life full of adventure, danger
    and exploration. The allure of being an adventurer, his promise to his father to not just be a simple fur trader
    and to learn of his elven heritage.
    The decimation of his tribe also resulted in him Vowing To protect others of the heartache of losing ones family.

Who Taught you to fight:
    Constant conflict in the Stroval plateaus taught him
    quickly of the art of self defense, but technique, discipline, and Horse riding was taught to him by his father, and many of the elite warriors in your old tribe.

Strengths:
    Brave, Nimble, Hearty, Kind hearted, Analytical

Weakness:
    Sometimes impulsive if a friend is in danger, Not very worldly, says what
    He means what he says, Messy, Paranoid due to analytical side

Born to an elven mother of a Varisian nomad tribe of that traveled the Storval Plateau, His Father Thorin Silverthorn, a
    human monster hunter, was making his way back to the coast in hopes of possibly finding the legendary beast of
    Sandpoint this time around stumbled upon a tribe. Intrigued with their way of life, Thorin traveled with the tribe in an attempt to help their situation. Many years passed on the great plateau, and on a night full of thunder, He was born. Growing weary of the constantly growing giant threat, Thorin
    pleaded his beloved to follow him to a little town named Wartle. She refused to leave her home almost
    considering so many of her tribe her children given her elven heritage. This Choice was forced upon them when
    a Giant raid came and decimated their families. Blood Curling screams, steel flashing, mounds of flesh
    everywhere. He still remembered this vividly and the nightmares of when his family of nearly 52 was
    reduced to mere party of 12 The journey to Wartle, a fur trading post, was mostly a blur. The only memories
    that refused to leave him was that of his mother passing near the Fenwall mountains and how she, as the
    journey went on, slowly died. The heartbreak of losing the only family she had ever known slowly killed her.
    Upon arriving to Wartle, his father's Ranseur MoonLight was wrapped in a silk and put away. Life went on
    trapping, and fur trading. A run in with a massive bear that earned him quite a reputation in Wartle. Besides
    the occasional goblin, Routine filled their days. Late in the summer month's
    Zren's father collasped,a lifetime of adventuring finally taking its toll. His life slowly left him in the three days he laid in bed. For the first time, in years
    his father spoke to him about his mother, how he came upon their tribe, his days as a monster hunter, his dream
    to see the legendary beast of Sandpoint that eluded him for so many years. Those three days were filled with
    laughter and tears. On the third night his father's life finally left his eyes, with a quick bow he left to Sand Point in search of someone by the name of Deverin not quite sure what he would find there. After spending some time there he quickly realized there was a need for strong warriors there to protect the good people of Sandpoint. Eager to continue his journey as a defender of the people.

Feedback?
    Last edited by novluis; June 20th, 2017 at 03:35.

Ok folks, I've notified my "first round draft picks" via private message. I am waiting for reposnses.

If I do not have 5 responses by the time I'm off work Friday June 23rd, I will move to the next choices on the list.

So if you didnt make the first round draft, dont give up hope! I have 3 slots open still...

Thanks!

1) Have you ever played Pathfinder before?
    Nope
    2) How long have you been playing RPGs in general?
    11 years
    3) What is your favorite type of character to play?
    Anything but a mage or rogue really
    4) What do you like most about playing a role-playing game?
    The freedom of choices to make, the fantasy world, and interacting with the party
    5) Do you have a regular, typically predictable schedule?
    Yeah. Able to get a day of the week off if i need it
    6) As far as you know, will your general schedule over the next year allow you to play most Fridays?
    Yes
    7) Do you travel for work?
    No
    8) Do you have other personal obligations (no need to disclose details) that would interfere with a Friday game?
    Negative
    9) What is the EARLIEST time you could start a session on Fridays?
    anytime
    10) What is the LATEST time you could end a session on Fridays?
    Anytime
    11) Do you have any experience with Fantasy Grounds?
    I've played a few games with friends over FG
    12) Do you find yourself arguing with GMs about rules in other games?
    Nope, their world their rules. But i will inquire if it is something that we have not gone over or if i just dont know the rules of what i am about to do
    13) What is more important to YOU in a game: following the rules to a "T" or having the most fun possible(without cheating)?
    Fun
    14) Do you have a problem with the GM making rules decisions "on the fly" (while being fair) instead of wasting time searching for every tiny rule?
    Nah
    15) Are there any Pathfinder-compatible rules out there you would like to try in the game?
    Dont know pathfinders really so i'd have to say no
    16) What is your favorite color?
    Light Brown
    17) Do you prefer dogs or cats?
    Dogs
    18) What does "Alignment" mean to you in the game?
    How you interact with general society and what motivates you to do what you do
    19) Do you like to play "heroes" or "evil characters?"
    "Heroes"
    20) Do you get mad when your character dies?
    Well yeah i feel like a little part of me dies with them...
    21) Do you have a problem with "coarse" or "adult" language "at the table?" (not being rude to players, just a foul mouth)
    FUBAR
    22) Do you have a problem paying attention during online games? (browsing Facebook, chatting with others not in the game, etc)
    Nope i live in a cave and Do not disturb is a thing
    23) Using the calendar attached to the bottom of this post, do you forsee any future scheduling conflicts at a glance?
    Nope
    24) Do you get intoxicated (in real life) while playing?
    I have done drunk dnd session irl and not really fun. so no
    25) Do you consider yourself an out going role-player or the quiet person that likes to roll dice?
    Yes
    26) Are you fully dedicated to this game or do you have many other games going?
    I have no other games going
    27) Do you mind using email in between sessions as the primary form of group communication?
    not at all
    28) Have you ever used Discord?
    all the time
    29) Are you a smoker or do you have any other habit that would cause you to take frequent breaks from the "table?"
    No
    30) What other (if any) adventure paths have you played? What did you like most? What did you dislike most?
    I've played only homebrew games
    31) Based on your past experiences, what is one piece of advice (in gerneral and from a player's perspective) you might give a Gamemaster?
    A lot of players will know some stats and traits of monsters and stuff and other lore so go ahead and throw some of your own twist into some common monsters or change up some lore to keep people on their toes

*bump*

I'm trying to have a group selected by tonight folks! Still 2 spots open!

Still interested, if you still have room at the end of the day.

Please answer the following questions in a reply to this post:

1) Have you ever played Pathfinder before? Yes. GM'd more than played
    2) How long have you been playing RPGs in general? 37 years
    3) What is your favorite type of character to play? fighter or cleric type. But I have played them all.
    4) What do you like most about playing a role-playing game? Being able to game with a group.
    5) Do you have a regular, typically predictable schedule? Yes.
    6) As far as you know, will your general schedule over the next year allow you to play most Fridays? Yes
    7) Do you travel for work? No.
    8) Do you have other personal obligations (no need to disclose details) that would interfere with a Friday game? Family might want to go out for dinner or something once in a while.
    9) What is the EARLIEST time you could start a session on Fridays? Generally 6:30 PM Pacific. Any earlier would be iffy due to traffic to get home.
    10) What is the LATEST time you could end a session on Fridays? No limit
    11) Do you have any experience with Fantasy Grounds? I have used it quite a bit for a display top and die roller. Have not used it with all the bells and whistles. I have been watching the videos to start running a PF Kingmaker campaign in the future.
    12) Do you find yourself arguing with GMs about rules in other games? No.
    13) What is more important to YOU in a game: following the rules to a "T" or having the most fun possible(without cheating)? Fun.
    14) Do you have a problem with the GM making rules decisions "on the fly" (while being fair) instead of wasting time searching for every tiny rule? Sure. As long it isn't for nearly everything because they do not know the system at all.
    15) Are there any Pathfinder-compatible rules out there you would like to try in the game? Not that I know of.
    16) What is your favorite color? Blue
    17) Do you prefer dogs or cats? Dogs
    18) What does "Alignment" mean to you in the game? Rough guideline on the temperament of the character.
    19) Do you like to play "heroes" or "evil characters?" I like to play complicated characters, Not shiny Paladins or evil bastards
    20) Do you get mad when your character dies? Only if the situation was a no chance "you walk in the room and die" thing. It is mostly a scenario design thing not a GM thing. Plus mad is a relative state, I rarely ever get really mad.
    21) Do you have a problem with "coarse" or "adult" language "at the table?" (not being rude to players, just a foul mouth) Not at all.
    22) Do you have a problem paying attention during online games? (browsing Facebook, chatting with others not in the game, etc) No.
    23) Using the calendar attached to the bottom of this post, do you forsee any future scheduling conflicts at a glance?
    24) Do you get intoxicated (in real life) while playing? Do not drink at all. Tastes like medicine to me. Do not mind if others have some. I just do not care for it.
    25) Do you consider yourself an out going role-player or the quiet person that likes to roll dice? Definitely out going.
    26) Are you fully dedicated to this game or do you have many other games going? I have a standing every other Saturday game. Should not a be a problem.
    27) Do you mind using email in between sessions as the primary form of group communication? No.
    28) Have you ever used Discord? No I have used TeamSpeak and Skype in the past.
    29) Are you a smoker or do you have any other habit that would cause you to take frequent breaks from the "table?" Nope just peeing and grabbing food or drink...
    30) What other (if any) adventure paths have you played? What did you like most? What did you dislike most? None. I have looked at the first module for Kingmaker. I like all the detail and the connected events.
    31) Based on your past experiences, what is one piece of advice (in gerneral and from a player's perspective) you might give a Gamemaster? Read the modules over in depth before trying to run it. It keeps things moving and allows you to make changes on the fly when the group inevitably does something completely off the wall.

Would love to play this, but since I'm running two groups through it right now, it might be a little too much of one AP.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

1) Have you ever played Pathfinder before? No, but I've owned the books for ages.
    2) How long have you been playing RPGs in general? Off and on for about 5 years.
    3) What is your favorite type of character to play? Fighters, rangers, hybrid martial/arcane characters (like Magus). Sometimes spellcasters.
    4) What do you like most about playing a role-playing game? The combat and the great stories that come out of gameplay, especially when things don't go as planned.
    5) Do you have a regular, typically predictable schedule? Yes.
    6) As far as you know, will your general schedule over the next year allow you to play most Fridays? Yes.
    7) Do you travel for work? No.
    8) Do you have other personal obligations (no need to disclose details) that would interfere with a Friday game? No.
    9) What is the EARLIEST time you could start a session on Fridays? 4 PM. But, prefer to start after 5 PM.
    10) What is the LATEST time you could end a session on Fridays? As late as you want. I'm in Japan timezone, so for me its daytime.
    11) Do you have any experience with Fantasy Grounds? Yes. I used to play and GM D&D 4E LFR games many years ago.
    12) Do you find yourself arguing with GMs about rules in other games? No.
    13) What is more important to YOU in a game: following the rules to a "T" or having the most fun possible(without cheating)? Having fun.
    14) Do you have a problem with the GM making rules decisions "on the fly" (while being fair) instead of wasting time searching for every tiny rule? I think its best to do it that way rather than bog down gameplay. However, after the game I usually prefer to lookup the official rule and play it that way the next time.
    15) Are there any Pathfinder-compatible rules out there you would like to try in the game? No.
    16) What is your favorite color? Blue.
    17) Do you prefer dogs or cats? Cats.
    18) What does "Alignment" mean to you in the game? It characterizes a character's sense of morality or worldview.
    19) Do you like to play "heroes" or "evil characters?" Heroes.
    20) Do you get mad when your character dies? No.
    21) Do you have a problem with "coarse" or "adult" language "at the table?" (not being rude to players, just a foul mouth) No.
    22) Do you have a problem paying attention during online games? (browsing Facebook, chatting with others not in the game, etc) No.
    23) Using the calendar attached to the bottom of this post, do you forsee any future scheduling conflicts at a glance? No.
    24) Do you get intoxicated (in real life) while playing? No.
    25) Do you consider yourself an out going role-player or the quiet person that likes to roll dice? I'm a bit of an introvert, so maybe the latter. But, I make an effort to roleplay.
    26) Are you fully dedicated to this game or do you have many other games going? This will be my only game.
    27) Do you mind using email in between sessions as the primary form of group communication? No.
    28) Have you ever used Discord? No, but I'm sure it wont be hard to learn.
    29) Are you a smoker or do you have any other habit that would cause you to take frequent breaks from the "table?" No.
    30) What other (if any) adventure paths have you played? What did you like most? What did you dislike most? None.
    31) Based on your past experiences, what is one piece of advice (in gerneral and from a player's perspective) you might give a Gamemaster? Good storytelling and ability to improve are probably the most important skills for a memorable, engaging game.

This thread is officially closed. No further responses will be acknowledged. Thanks!

Thread Information