DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

That is completely understandable. I just find really interesting NPCs who have such a small part in the story sometimes and I want to expand on that NPC if possible. Regardless I think the game you are putting together will be really good and I am looking forward to it (if I get picked).7

Agreed, I feel this game will be great given all the effort and the amazing guide I've seen on your end. I do have a question as far as the concept notes we've made, is that something you would like to see?

Sure, I'm down

1) Have you ever played Pathfinder before? A few times.
    2) How long have you been playing RPGs in general? 13 years
    3) What is your favorite type of character to play? Something with a lot of theatric potential, like my telekinetic that walked on the ceiling to be a dbag to the White Knight of the realm.
    4) What do you like most about playing a role-playing game? It's like being on a stage, but all actors are the audience too, and the audience is armed with adamantine butterknives and beads of fireballs.
    5) Do you have a regular, typically predictable schedule? Generally speaking.
    6) As far as you know, will your general schedule over the next year allow you to play most Fridays? I think so.
    7) Do you travel for work? Nope.
    8) Do you have other personal obligations (no need to disclose details) that would interfere with a Friday game? Nothing too serious, interruptions unlikely. I'll be sure to speak up if something pops up.
    9) What is the EARLIEST time you could start a session on Fridays? Preferably 2:30 EST, so about 6:30 GMT if I can math properly.
    10) What is the LATEST time you could end a session on Fridays? As late as you want to go, if nothing changes.
    11) Do you have any experience with Fantasy Grounds? Mild experience, no games only making characters.
    12) Do you find yourself arguing with GMs about rules in other games? Arguing? No. Trying to convince them to allow technicalities and unusual applications of rules? Sure.
    13) What is more important to YOU in a game: following the rules to a "T" or having the most fun possible(without cheating)? It's a game, the goal of it is obviously to have as much as possible.
    14) Do you have a problem with the GM making rules decisions "on the fly" (while being fair) instead of wasting time searching for every tiny rule? On the fly is how I grew up on DnD, so no issue.
    15) Are there any Pathfinder-compatible rules out there you would like to try in the game? Possibly. Depends on what I feel like I should play and what feats/feature/rules I'd feel like I should offer up to the DM.
    16) What is your favorite color? Purple. It's neutral in most stereotypical conflicts, and it's regal.
    17) Do you prefer dogs or cats? Kittens.
    18) What does "Alignment" mean to you in the game? A loose guideline on your character's instincts.
    19) Do you like to play "heroes" or "evil characters?" Depends on the setting. Generally supporting the greater good, even if that makes me a villain in the end.
    20) Do you get mad when your character dies? No, I laugh harder knowing I had it coming.
    21) Do you have a problem with "coarse" or "adult" language "at the table?" (not being rude to players, just a foul mouth) Not particularly. Just don't be mad if I miss my turn because I ignored the chat if it gets too dirty for my own taste.
    22) Do you have a problem paying attention during online games? (browsing Facebook, chatting with others not in the game, etc) Facebook is boring, there aren't nearly enough dragons and party members to stab. No.
    23) Using the calendar attached to the bottom of this post, do you forsee any future scheduling conflicts at a glance?
    24) Do you get intoxicated (in real life) while playing? MOST CERTAINLY not... To quote my mom, 'beer smells like goat piss.'
    25) Do you consider yourself an out going role-player or the quiet person that likes to roll dice? generally quiet, although that's because I've played quiet characters lately.
    26) Are you fully dedicated to this game or do you have many other games going? I play a game on Wednesdays, but that probably won't interfere.
    27) Do you mind using email in between sessions as the primary form of group communication? No issue.
    28) Have you ever used Discord? Yes.
    29) Are you a smoker or do you have any other habit that would cause you to take frequent breaks from the "table?" Nope.
    30) What other (if any) adventure paths have you played? What did you like most? What did you dislike most? I played a module before but I forget the name. The puzzles were fun, although my character in that game was lackluster in combat and died literally five times.
    31) Based on your past experiences, what is one piece of advice (in general and from a player's perspective) you might give a Gamemaster? Please, for f's sake, give us our exp during the session and not like half way between sessions in the middle of the day when nobody's near their character sheets. In my other game I think i've lost so much exp to that and just forgetting to add it up.
    Mph? Naw a bwofoffi?* (Translation: Huh? Not a broccoli?) {Source}

To state key information:
    Steam user of the Full $100+ Fantasy Grounds product.
    Loves the orison Acid Splash.

Also if you don't have a confirmed healer, can I call dibs on being it? I have been thinking on a util/sup character for a while and wanna put it to a test of practicality.
    Mph? Naw a bwofoffi?* (Translation: Huh? Not a broccoli?) {Source}

To state key information:
    Steam user of the Full $100+ Fantasy Grounds product.
    Loves the orison Acid Splash.

Quote Originally Posted by novluis View Post
    Agreed, I feel this game will be great given all the effort and the amazing guide I've seen on your end. I do have a question as far as the concept notes we've made, is that something you would like to see?
    If you don't mind sharing your concept notes here on the forums, that would be awesome. Then the other applicants can have a preview of what each other is thinking.

If you don't want to share publicly, that's cool, you can send me a PM.

I want to reiterate that you should NOT make any final character decisions BEFORE July 7th, Session 0.

There is a method to my madness! I promise I'm not being this anal for my own entertainment LOL

1) Have you ever played Pathfinder before?
    Yes. I played a few sessions, on paper. But that was several years back.

2) How long have you been playing RPGs in general?
    33 years, off and on... since I was 12. See my profile for a list of games with which I have experience.

3) What is your favorite type of character to play?
    Usually a support type. A healer or a skill monkey. I don't mind being the 'Face' for the party. Don't get me wrong, I like smashing a goblin in the face with my flail as much as the next guy, but I usually go with a more socially adept character type.

4) What do you like most about playing a role-playing game?
    Building the team, overcoming an obstacle using our skills and wits.

5) Do you have a regular, typically predictable schedule?
    Yes, I do. I'm contractor for the US government, so I work a pretty fixed schedule.

6) As far as you know, will your general schedule over the next year allow you to play most Fridays?
    Yes, I see no reasons I wouldn't be able to make the scheduled sessions.

7) Do you travel for work?
    Not very much, and lately not at all.

8) Do you have other personal obligations (no need to disclose details) that would interfere with a Friday game?
    Nope. My kids are getting older, and are pretty independent.

9) What is the EARLIEST time you could start a session on Fridays?
    6:00PM Eastern.

10) What is the LATEST time you could end a session on Fridays?
    Whatever time we finish for the night. I'm a grown *** man, and I'll stay up as late as I want! ...unless my wife tells me otherwise...

11) Do you have any experience with Fantasy Grounds?
    Some; I played several sessions a few months back. I was quick to pick it up and felt pretty comfortable with the interface.

12) Do you find yourself arguing with GMs about rules in other games?
    I like knowing the rules but that's just for me. I'm not a stickler, story always trumps RAW. If a question comes up, I'll throw in my two cents, but the final decision always goes to the DM.

13) What is more important to YOU in a game: following the rules to a "T" or having the most fun possible (without cheating)?
    Definitely having the most fun... I like that you caveated your question with "without cheating." One thing that does bother me are people that abuse the rules for their own advantage; or more specifically, use other's unfamiliarity with the rules to better themselves at the expense of the party. I don't mind tension or drama in party dynamics and character motivation, I just don't like cheaters or bullies.

14) Do you have a problem with the GM making rules decisions "on the fly" (while being fair) instead of wasting time searching for every tiny rule?
    Not at all! But if I feel it's something integral to the game I'll ask us for clarification for future sessions.

15) Are there any Pathfinder-compatible rules out there you would like to try in the game?
    I've had a character concept for an Investigator (out of the Advanced Character Guide) for quite some time. Or maybe an Alchemist from the Advanced Players Guide, that might be cool, too.

16) What is your favorite color?
    Blue. I was going to make a Monty Python joke here, but decided against it...

17) Do you prefer dogs or cats?
    Dogs, I have two. Cats' arrogant, superior attitudes smacks of elitism.

18) What does "Alignment" mean to you in the game?
    Alignment is more useful for the DM and the other players to gauge how a character might react in a given situation. But for me, alignment has a dynamic quality to it. I don’t prescribe to the notion that alignment is static and a character will always respond in an exact manner, especially in a stressful situation. Oh, and don’t get me started on the player’s character that pickpockets his fellow PC, and then sheepishly says, “What!? I’m just playing my alignment!”

Also, I don’t believe alignment is a particularly useful thing to the individual character. If you asked Han Solo what his alignment is (once you explained the concept to him), I believe he’d reply, “Oh… definitely Chaotic Neutral. I go where I want, when I want, and I do what I want. I don’t care about anything but my buddy, Chewy, and this old bucket o’ bolts. You know she made the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs, right…?” But, to anyone that’s watched Episodes V, we know Han Solo is Chaotic Good. He couldn’t help himself but stick around to help the rebellion, even to the point that he had bounty hunters after his ***. He had the money to pay back Jabba, but he kept coming up with excuses to stick around and protect his friends, despite the danger to himself. My point is that often the character themselves is an unreliable indicator of their actual alignment.

19) Do you like to play "heroes" or "evil characters?"
    I don't mind playing morally ambiguous characters, but I do prefer a story that expects the characters to rise to the occasion and become the “heroes.” The few times I've played in an evil campaign, it's just turned into murder hobo-ism.

20) Do you get mad when your character dies?
    No, not if it furthers the story or was done to help save the party. I have about a half dozen character concepts floating around in my head at any given time, so I’m always willing to let one go and move on to the next.

21) Do you have a problem with "coarse" or "adult" language "at the table?" (not being rude to players, just a foul mouth)
    I was a sailor in the US Navy for most of my adult life. Now, I work with Military Police on a daily basis… No, I don’t have a problem with coarse language. But don’t worry; I don’t, like, drop F-bombs every other word, either.

22) Do you have a problem paying attention during online games? (browsing Facebook, chatting with others not in the game, etc.)
    No, when it’s time to play, it’s time to play. I give people in my life a heads up to let them know I will be unavailable during that time, and I try to stay focused on the game.

23) Using the calendar attached to the bottom of this post, do you foresee any future scheduling conflicts at a glance?
    No, none I can see. My wife and I keep talking about taking a cruise next year, so eventually there will be a conflict, but missed sessions should be few and far between for me.

24) Do you get intoxicated (in real life) while playing?
    No. I'll have a drink or two over the course of the session, but I like to keep my wits about me.

25) Do you consider yourself an outgoing role-player or the quiet person that likes to roll dice?
    I’d say I rise to the level required. When we need someone to talk to the innkeeper, or explain how were going to go about investigating a room for traps and secret doors, I’m happy to chime in (and I usually try to get a few of the other players involved). But I don’t like to hog the spotlight and I think it’s important for all characters to have their moment to shine.

26) Are you fully dedicated to this game or do you have many other games going?
    I’m DM’ing a D&D 5e Eberron campaign for some friends right now. We get together every other week, usually on a Wednesday or Thursday evening, for about three hours at a time.

27) Do you mind using email in between sessions as the primary form of group communication?
    No, I like keeping the lines of communication open between sessions. I think it helps stay motivated and involved.

28) Have you ever used Discord?
    No. I’ve used Teamspeak, Skype, and Hangouts. I’ve downloaded Discord and set up an account, though. It seems pretty straight forward.

29) Are you a smoker or do you have any other habit that would cause you to take frequent breaks from the "table?"
    No, I try not to distract from the game during a session.

30) What other (if any) adventure paths have you played? What did you like most? What did you dislike most?
    I’m aware of several of the Pathfinder APs, but never played through any of them. I like the idea of an overarching, cohesive storyline. I assume there’s some side quests build into them, as well. Not having played through one, not sure but I don’t think I would like it if the AP felt too railroady. I would prefer it if it at least appeared like we are discovering how to get from set piece to set piece, and not just magically teleporting around with some fluff text, hand waving in-between.

31) Based on your past experiences, what is one piece of advice (in general and from a player's perspective) you might give a Gamemaster?
    Don’t try to over-prepare. No matter how much you try to account for every contingency, your players will discover some situation you never thought of, completely blowing your plans out of the water. Stay flexible; it’s better to understand the rules, your setting, and your NPCs motivations, so your mind is free to react naturally to what’s happening in the moment.
    Last edited by BadLittleMonkey; June 14th, 2017 at 01:24.

1) Have you ever played Pathfinder before?
    Yes. Both modules and homebrew games.

2) How long have you been playing RPGs in general?
    16 years, varying from traditional table top, purely text-based, and pc/console gaming.

3) What is your favorite type of character to play?
    I typically play dex based melee and off-tanks, however I've been expanding my horizons more lately with front line builds.

4) What do you like most about playing a role-playing game?
    The act of sharing experiences with a group of people while being given a medium to explore different perspectives in a friendly, fantastical environment.

5) Do you have a regular, typically predictable schedule?
    Yes. I work a pretty standard 7-4 schedule with minimal variation.

6) As far as you know, will your general schedule over the next year allow you to play most Fridays?
    Yes.

7) Do you travel for work?
    Yes. My travel is usually pretty predictable, and in the last two years I haven't traveled on a Friday. I usually make return trips on Saturdays, allowing me to still have room and space to play on Friday nights without any interruption.

8) Do you have other personal obligations (no need to disclose details) that would interfere with a Friday game?
    Two kids, but luckily my wife ensures that I get my weekly game time without any hiccups. I don't expect any causes for concern unless a real emergency comes up, but that is a given.

9) What is the EARLIEST time you could start a session on Fridays?
    4:15 PST

10) What is the LATEST time you could end a session on Fridays?
    I'm open for as late as the group needs.

11) Do you have any experience with Fantasy Grounds?
    I've been playing around with a few campaigns (1st Kingmaker path and Road to Revolution). I've only been on the dm side so far.

12) Do you find yourself arguing with GMs about rules in other games?
    No. I'll happily ask for clarification if needs be, but typically it is just a matter of working to comply with either House Rules or agreed upon Rulebook.

13) What is more important to YOU in a game: following the rules to a "T" or having the most fun possible(without cheating)?
    I think there's middle ground with this question, having the most fun is certainly a group and individual goal. With that being said, folks should work to comply with the given rules and help foster an environment where the trust system is viable. If a party is having issues with certain rules, which can happen in homebrew games, the matter should be addressed with the DM/GM in a respectful manner where all parties are heard. It might not always lead to making everyone happy, as the DM does have final say, but it creates a better environment if communication is open.

14) Do you have a problem with the GM making rules decisions "on the fly" (while being fair) instead of wasting time searching for every tiny rule?
    I don't. I think the idea of "what makes the most sense in a given situation" is a fine practice.

15) Are there any Pathfinder-compatible rules out there you would like to try in the game?
    I can't really think of any, however I've DM'd the first path for Rise of the Runelords for some close friends and I found that the Core Rulebook and the various Advanced Guides (Player, Race, Class) provide what's needed.

16) What is your favorite color?
    Blue. Always blue.

17) Do you prefer dogs or cats?
    I prefer to play with dogs, but prefer the maintenance required for cats. I have both. Cats are lazy and therefore don't typically wake me up early in the morning because the garbage man is making his rounds. Dogs though...that's a different story.

18) What does "Alignment" mean to you in the game?
    A character's personal philosophy versus the world's view of that philosophy when compared to societal norms. An Evil alignment doesn't mean that the character is a heartless wretch, at least internally, that character may just not have moral qualms about taking actions that others might balk at. Likewise, "Good" characters may struggle with utilitarianism versus saving everyone. I tend to believe that there are very few Lawful Good or Chaotic Evil folks really out there. Most find themselves somewhere closer to neutral depending on their circumstances.

19) Do you like to play "heroes" or "evil characters?"
    "Heroes" I guess. If I'm in a good group, then it becomes a dynamic where it's about protecting the group from threats and ensuring (sometimes through good deeds) that the group is received well when venturing from township to township.

20) Do you get mad when your character dies?
    Depends, if I did something stupid, then yes. I get mad at myself. But if it's in the act of combat and things turn sour...well that's part of the risk in adventuring. I think anyone would admit that they grow attached to their characters, so it should be expected that someone would feel something about the loss of the investment in that character.

21) Do you have a problem with "coarse" or "adult" language "at the table?" (not being rude to players, just a foul mouth)
    ...I was in the Navy and currently work as a civilian for another branch of the armed services. I have yet to find something on the day to day that would offend me.

22) Do you have a problem paying attention during online games? (browsing Facebook, chatting with others not in the game, etc)
    No.

23) Using the calendar attached to the bottom of this post, do you forsee any future scheduling conflicts at a glance?
    Just one date, December 29th 2017. It's a birthday for a close family member. That appears to be the only date that could be an issue.

24) Do you get intoxicated (in real life) while playing?
    No. I've played games where everyone involved had a beer or two, but most of my time spent has been playing in-person so getting sloppy drunk and driving home was a no-go for me. That being said, I have no issues with people easing some tension with drink and being amiable.

25) Do you consider yourself an out going role-player or the quiet person that likes to roll dice?
    I like to role-play when it makes sense. I don't need hours of RP though, as I do like to keep things moving with involves combat/skill challenges, etc.

26) Are you fully dedicated to this game or do you have many other games going?
    I don't have any other games currently going. I live in a rural area with no groups going. I'm prepared to dedicate my gaming time to this session.

27) Do you mind using email in between sessions as the primary form of group communication?
    Not an issue.

28) Have you ever used Discord?
    No. I've used various other voice/chat options for games. I'm sure it's not rocket science.

29) Are you a smoker or do you have any other habit that would cause you to take frequent breaks from the "table?"
    Nope.

30) What other (if any) adventure paths have you played? What did you like most? What did you dislike most?
    I've DM's the first path of Rise of the Runelords, played a few converted 3.5E games, Kingmaker, Road to Revolution. I like games that provide good hooks for PCs, whether upfront or as a build up over time. I don't enjoy having to pour through tons of lore/history to find value in what the party is doing. I enjoy good literature, but a good campaign pathway can find good ways to draw in characters without hours of history lessons.

31) Based on your past experiences, what is one piece of advice (in gerneral and from a player's perspective) you might give a Gamemaster?
    I think being able to manage the group is important. For the most part, we're all adults. So the players should not try to steamroll the dm, at the same time, they shouldn't try to steamroll each other either. While it's not the DM's job to baby sit people, I think there are ways to respectfully interject

Last week for applications folks. No final choices have been made at this point.

Final choices will be made by June 23rd.

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

So as I am beginning to think of a character concept I think I would love to play a character I've always wanted to play but never quite got to. I normally play a melee-oriented bruiser but would love the opportunity to branch I will start with nuts and bolts (not a finished concept) and then a bit of story behind the idea.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...1052090405.jpg

Bard
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/

Flagbearer
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/comba...gbearer-local/

Kit
    Longspear
    Light Armor

Roles: Face, Support

Alek, a Varisian human, has been a resident of Sandpoint since birth over seventeen years past. His parents, Hyram and Wendy Tyrz, own a small commercial shop that specializes in custom weaving, providing high quality bolts of cloth to clothiers and top-tier ship-builders. His 6'2" frame is slight, bordering on lanky, but many young men and women have learned that he can scrap with the best of them when necessary. His parents want him to take over the Tyrz Weaving Co. when Hyram retires but Alek has dreams of performing in distant courts and on glorious battlefields (he has never seen real war). His sly tongue often gets him into trouble but also swiftly pulls him out of it. He has been training since a child to fill the position of flag bearer in the Sandpoint militia, eagerly looking forward to the time he can take the prestigious (to him) position. He has even woven a beautiful flag with the Sandpoint symbol emblazoned upon it. He is renowned for his abilities to recount a story with beauty and grace but also to put bow to string and issue haunting tunes. He is working on a performance that combines both skills.

Hey,

I know I'm kinda far down the list of applicants, but since Sephiir started posting character concepts, I thought I'd join in. I have a few other ideas, but this would be my first choice character to play.

Lew Mathis is a Private Investigator who grew up in Korvosa. He's always had a need to uncover the truth, even as a child, asking questions and turning over clues until the facts were laid out in front of him. After turning 18, he joined the Chelish Imperial Army, eventually receiving a commission in the Cheliax Military Police Corps. After nearly a decade of service Mathis resigned his commission and returned home to open a fledgling PI business. He has a younger brother, Nic, who has been getting him into trouble since they were young. But the PI has always had a soft spot for his kid brother. After several months of uninspired work, Mathis took on a case which tied back to Nic. Seems he and the moll of a local kingpin got ahold of something they weren't supposed to have and then skipped town. Mathis tracked his brother and the girl to Sandpoint where they were hiding out. Unfortunately, he didn’t realize he had been followed and by the end of the encounter Mathis’ brother and the girl were dead, along with the goons sent for them. Now Mathis is stuck with some ancient relic he doesn’t know anything about other than people are willing to kill for it. He’s been lying low in Sandpoint for the last several weeks, long enough to have forged a few friendships with the locals. He misses his brother and he’s angry with himself for the mistakes he made but he’s getting antsy to move. It wouldn't take much of an impetus to get him on the trail of a new mystery.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...TctbG5mSnowd00

Investigator
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hyb.../investigator/

EDIT: Having poked around the ACG a bit, I think the 'Sleuth' archetype might be closer to the hard-boiled detective vibe I'm going for.

Weapons/Armor
    Rapier
    Shortbow (Hand Crossbow, once he gets enough money)
    Sap
    Leather Armor

Roles: Skill Monkey, Support
    Last edited by BadLittleMonkey; June 20th, 2017 at 23:58.

Thread Information