STAR TREK 2d20

Question about how the DB Saves things

I was going to trim up a .mod so it has as few duplicate entries as possible.
    If all my npc's are dropped into encounters can i delete the npc entry (does the encounter
    entry make a copy of the npc.)

also does this work for items in parcels and spells as well (from what I remember it does)
    Though I may be wrong.

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

I'm assuming you are referring to the Pathfinder rules due to your avatar.

From what I can see, the <battle> section (where the encounters are in the database) only saves a link to the NPC as follows:
    Code:
    <id-00001>
    	<count type="number">1</count>
    	<link type="windowreference">
    		<class>npc</class>
    		<recordname>npc.id-00168</recordname>
    	</link>
    	<maplink>
    		<id-00001>
    			<imageref type="windowreference">
    				<class></class>
    				<recordname></recordname>
    			</imageref>
    			<imagex type="number">0</imagex>
    			<imagey type="number">0</imagey>
    		</id-00001>
    	</maplink>
    	<name type="string">Bruiser</name>
    	<token type="token">campaign/tokens/Bruiser.png</token>
    </id-00001>
    The <treasureparcels> section holds all the data for coins and items, and it seems all the spell data is stored inside the <charsheet> entry for a PC.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

It might depend on which ruleset we're talking about here (especially for spells). CoreRPG will use links to NPC records for encounter and copies items in parcels.

In 3.5E spells are copied.

Your best bet is to create a new campaign in your chosen ruleset and do some skeleton entries, then check the campaign db.xml to see if copies or links are created.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Was hoping for the quick info from a ninja

I was hoping for the quick and dirty answer. PFRPG Ruleset (sorry) and so yeah I will do that.
    Thanks

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thread Information