STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'll second/third the value of being able to save entries etc. Even if we have a text or xml file which we could populate outside the tool or in another mode. Thanks for all you do.
    Its my pass time really, and keeps me up to date with the basics on a somewhat daily basis . I have not forgot the XSLT thing as well, however that will be difficult to implement right now because of all the new stuff I have incorporated in. It will defiantly come in some time later though.

Quote Originally Posted by L. R. Ballard View Post
    From there, if it were possible then to enter some basic stats or categories--like class or race--and then click "Generate NPC," the utility would be able to do what Vascant's did: randomly generate an NPC with a complete stat block in just a second or two.

Even in its current version, the utility will prove helpful if it has a similar interface for generating PCs--it's the PC-generating feature of your utility that I'm planning to test and which I think will save me a lot of time.
    Funny you mention this, I had a plan to auto generate PC sheets @ in game with this tool, it was something that I would get done after the basic framework is up and thats coming along just fine. The DM modules are all pretty big modules, so this is going to take a while before I can get some concrete stuff coded out.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

My autohotkey statblock parsing is coming on well, btw. I will update it to be able to parse one of the outputs from DnD Monster Maker - the Reddit one, as it looks the simplest to identify.

It works just now; just need to test it with several different inputs and make adjustments for them.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Quote Originally Posted by kp9911 View Post
    Funny you mention this, I had a plan to auto generate PC sheets @ in game with this tool, it was something that I would get done after the basic framework is up and thats coming along just fine. The DM modules are all pretty big modules, so this is going to take a while before I can get some concrete stuff coded out.
    Got it. Thus far, my project has focused on building the framework rather than actually making the NPCs. For example, yesterday I spent five hours making an Excel spreadsheet that calculates monster CR based on the table on page 274 of the DMG.

One advantage to coding a utility for FG rather than just posting one on the internet is that the FG resource can use all the stats from 5e as long as the tool gets uploaded to DMs Guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    My autohotkey statblock parsing is coming on well, btw. I will update it to be able to parse one of the outputs from DnD Monster Maker - the Reddit one, as it looks the simplest to identify.

It works just now; just need to test it with several different inputs and make adjustments for them.
    The script you're working on may be able to work in tandem with Xorn's scripts from his Fantasy Grounds parse tutorials. I spent an evening or two last week mining from one of his YouTube videos the Autohotkey scripts he uses when parsing library references and adventure modules.

Xorn's scripts may be worth salvaging. The segment on Xorn's Autohotkey scripts starts at 1:19:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_-013SMvcc

The AutoHotKey script is (like all programming projects) growing arms and legs. I thought I'd start a separate thread about it
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

The AutoHotKey script is (like all programming projects) growing arms and legs. I thought I'd start a separate thread about it
    That sounds good. I'm still new to AutoHotKey and had to go to their website to get help deciphering and using Xorn's scripts. AutoHotKey has some functionality that I'd like to learn more about.

I have contacted the guy who wrote D&D Monster Maker to ask him to add a FG output. No reply yet, although he has replied to me about other stuff in the past.
    Maybe if a few more people asked him to add it too.... hint hint.....

https://thegeniusinc.com/dd-monster-maker-download/
    Any luck making contact with the Genius? I messaged him two days ago but got no reply. Some of his calculations on spell save DC appear to be incorrect, and it would be preferable for those to get fixed on his end rather than through the AutoHotkey script.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I will do so along with a little donation to perhaps sway his opinion!
    Any luck making contact with the Genius? I messaged him two days ago but got no reply. Some of his calculations on spell save DC appear to be incorrect, and it would be preferable for those to get fixed on his end rather than through the AutoHotkey script that Maasq is working on--brilliantly I might add!

Heheh thank you.

I have had no luck with chatting to him recently. He answered a couple of queries I had a few months ago when I first found it, but nothing since unfortunately.
    I'll be working towards something like his final program, with FG output and copy-paste input. If I could figure out how to do the statblocks I'd do them too. Work for the future

I need to figure out how he structured his *.mm save files so I can read/write them directly.
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Heheh thank you.

I have had no luck with chatting to him recently. He answered a couple of queries I had a few months ago when I first found it, but nothing since unfortunately.
    I'll be working towards something like his final program, with FG output and copy-paste input. If I could figure out how to do the statblocks I'd do them too. Work for the future

I need to figure out how he structured his *.mm save files so I can read/write them directly.
    You're welcome. If it were me, I'd build the UI for the AutoHotkey program first. Then try to solve his *.mm save files. I PM'd you more or less the same message a few minutes ago.

Thread Information