STAR TREK 2d20

Damage bug in Savage Worlds deluxe (plus Lankhmar CoT)?

Hello,

During a recent playtest session I noticed what seems to be a bug for damage related to a Greatsword when using the SW deluxe ruleset and the Lankhmar (City of Thieves) modules. When the damage is listed as (for example) Str+d12, I see both dice as d6 (the Str value) in the 'damage' box and during the roll when placed in the chatbox. If I change the description to d6+d12, then the roll appears to function correctly.

It seems like the 'Str' dice type is overriding the second dice type - can anyone else confirm that they see the same thing as I am seeing? I'd like to make sure the issue is not just local to me for any reason.

Thanks!

I believe there is a minimum Str required from the core rules (Chapter 2: Gear -> Minimum Strength):
    A character whose Strength is lower than the weapon die can use the weapon, but there are penalties. First, the weapon die can’t be higher than his Strength die. so if a scrawny kid (d4 Str) picks up a long sword (d8), he rolls 2d4 damage, not d4+d8. A brawny hero with Str d10 rolls d10+d8 when using the same long sword. ... If a weapon has the damage listed as Str+d8+2, for instance, then the minimum Strength the wielder must have is a d8. The bonus merely indicates the weapon is more lethal than other Str+d8 varieties (typically because it is magical or enhanced in some way).
    I'm not sure if the Lankhmar setting changed the base SW rule...

Thanks Eru, I think that explains it, I'm new to the SW rules and I just missed that information. I appreciate your concise and informative response!

Blog Entries
    I didn't change a thing rule-wise in Lankhmar. The only mechanical changes the extension makes are removing the default arcane backgrounds and adding the Lankhmar ones.

Thanks, for the explanation Eru!

Thread Information